CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak and Canoe Fishing Tourney May 11, 2013 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bass tracker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: 5/11 Moodus Reply with quote

My son and his friend will be going to this as well, they only have one canoe so will be fishing out of it together. We will all be there by 6:30.

BT
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely,,If Bill said no problem you are good
JJay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mase2020 wrote:
so far 12 confirmed

Is there a confirmation "list" somewhere?
Mase2020

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Absolutely,,If Bill said no problem you are good

Yeah that's what he said about the shuttling so I guess were good. How long before you get the permit? Have not heard anything since then.

I have a list of confirmed people I will post it soon.

BTW Carpooling is recommended.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK the permits are in and everything is shaping up nice. Here is who I have for confirmed list so far:

Mase
Cameron
Doug G
Doug G's dad
Peco
Sbehuniak09
Costieyaker
Pramsey (CT Fish Finder)
Rmflint
Fishinjim +1 (CT Fish Finder)
Basstracker's son + 1
Maximillion

If you are not on this list then let me know, as well as any questions you may have. PLEASE remember to car pool if you can and we may have to shuttle, but I will see what happens that day and will take care of it.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so everything is set RAIN OR SHINE Saturday May 11, trophies are in and please try to car pool. Remember weigh in and check in are at lower Moodus. If anyone has any extra measuring devices please bring them just in case someone does not have one or forgets. Bring a chair for afterwards if you want to stick around for the food. Any questions PM me or post them here.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Hopefully I can make it next time.
Maximillion

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a friend are coming 100%. Im also waiting to hear back from some other guys aswell and I will let you know, just a heads up water at moodus is at te regular level so paddling undrneath the bridge is almost impossible. Are we only fishing lower or can we cross to upper?

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can fish either one or both.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Just a reminder Reply with quote

Just a reminder everyone fishing will need a PFD and needs to have it on at all times and they will be checked at check in. Also everyone needs to a have a valid fishing license and those will be checked as well. Thanks.

Sec. 15-121-A17. Personal flotation devices for manually propelled vessels.
During the period from October first through May thirty-first all persons aboard a manually propelled vessel shall wear a Type I, II, III, V or V Hybrid United States Coast Guard approved personal flotation device of appropriate size and in serviceable condition. Except as provided in subsection (b) of section 15-121-A13 of the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies, no operator, owner or user of said manually propelled vessel shall allow any person to be aboard who is not wearing such a device.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if anyone has extra fish measuring devices (e.g., Hawg Trough), please bring them for those who don't have one to use. If you don't have one, just call someone else over to measure your fish when you catch them. I'm sure we'd all be willing to spare the time. Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like this might be a wet tourney:

I love fishing in the rain! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: We may still be good Reply with quote

in U.S. weather forecasting, POP is the probability that more than 1/100th of an inch of precipitation will fall in a single spot, averaged over the forecast area.[1] For instance, if there is a 100% probability of rain covering one side of a city, and a 0% probability of rain on the other side of the city, the POP would be 50%. A 50% chance of a rainstorm covering the entire city would also lead to a POP of 50%.
Note that the POP measure is meaningless unless it is associated with a period of time. U.S. forecasts commonly use POP defined over 12-hour periods (POP12), though 6-hour periods (POP6) and other measures are also published.

Terms typically in weather forecasts based on POP:
0% – No mention of precipitation
10% – No mention of precipitation, or isolated/slight chance
20% – Isolated/slight chance
30% – (Widely) scattered/chance
40% or 50% – Scattered/chance
60% or 70% – Numerous/likely
80%, 90% or 100% – No additional modifiers (i.e. "showers and thunderstorms")
bass tracker

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Moodus Reply with quote

Not looking good for Saturday, if there are thunderstorms forcast I do not like being on the water. We will check the forcast / radar Saturday AM and make our call, hope to still be there.

BT
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely pains me to say it but with an 1.3 hr drive I wont be heading out in really bad weather.
I am hoping to wake up that morning with a complete reversal in forecast.
We will see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: