CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak and Canoe Fishing Tourney May 11, 2013 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Kayak and Canoe Fishing Tourney May 11, 2013 Reply with quote

Ok so here it is the fishing tourney is set for May 11, 2013 at Moodus Reservoir. All kayaks and canoes are welcome. I wanted to keep it fun and cheap for all to enjoy and if anyone has any suggestions I’m open. Picked Moodus as there was no tourney there that day and a lot of places I was going to pick had them, plus due to its shallowness it should be warmer than other bodies of water, due to the cold winter. I did pull a permit with DEEP and you can fish either Lower or Upper reservoir, but start and finish will be at Lower Moodus launch. There will be food afterward which Peco (aka Phil) offered to generously bring. BYOB and any food if you have special dietary needs and chairs to sit in. I will be there that day at about 6:00 AM. If you are going to attend I need you to let me know and give me your phone number as I will need a hard number. If there is bad weather looming I will call the night before to cancel. Now for the specifics

Where: Moodus Reservoir (Check in and Weigh in at Lower State Boat Launch) 100 Mott Lane, East Haddam

Check in time: 6:30 to 7:00 AM
Fishing time : 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM (food and gathering afterwards)
Entry cost: free
Winners: 1st, 2nd, and third will be determined by total length and they will be given certificates for that.
Pools: 1) optional longest lunker pool $10.00 to enter
2) optional most length, tackle bag pool; if you want to enter just bring 1 unopened lure or terminal tackle and drop it the pool bag and the winner will get the bag.

You need: a camera or camera phone that takes a decent picture that we can see and a measuring device that has a vertical stop on the end.
Procedure: Catch your fish then put it on a measuring device and photograph it and release. Photograph all your fish, and we will take the length of your best five. Good Luck and PM me with any questions or suggestions.
Maximillion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure ill be there

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME! Cannot wait!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome, I cant wait!
Unfortunately I will have to bail around 11:30 but I am looking foward to seeing everyone there.
Thanks very much for putting it together
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's tuff being a night owl and not a morning sparrow Crying or Very sad
Maximillion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put this in the tournament section then I think youll get more feedback

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god for my old pics of bass I have on my phone and camera..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect hook set wrote:

Yeah, but the ice and tipups in the background would give you away. Laughing

And striped bass wouldn't count, either. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect hook set wrote:

I think just to make sure the person holding it should print out card with some writing and a random number to hand out to each angler that should be in the picture. Or atleast the people doing the lunker pool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for fun and I can't imagine anyone cheating and we did not have any problem with the other one I went to. That being said I have a way to combat old pictures. Again spread the word it is looking good so far. I have a few people from Ct Fish Finder as well as others.
Maximillion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mase2020 wrote:
This is for fun and I can't imagine anyone cheating and we did not have any problem with the other one I went to. That being said I have a way to combat old pictures. Again spread the word it is looking good so far. I have a few people from Ct Fish Finder as well as others.

I have my friends coming that arent members on here, probably 6 of us including me since we all live within 5 minutes of the res

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mase2020 wrote:

And I think its more or less a a safety net for people who are putting money down. Its really not a problem printing out cards I think or even making them with sharpies there, I brought it up to people I talked to and the first thing everyone asked was how do you know someones not cheating

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximillion wrote:
how do you know someones not cheating

I don't think that anyone on CTFishTalk is that much of a loser. Well, except for you know who. . . . Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know someones not cheating. One thing I have learned through the years is that there are ways around everything. Trust me when I say that I have researched this in every way and know how to combat cheating. With that being said for each prevention that I implement it will add more time to check in and weigh in. For now i'm trying to keep it simple and fun. The more serious it gets and the more money that is at stake then I will take more preventative methods. For now if there is a concern that day that someone may cheat for 100 to 200 dollars I will implement something that day and if people feel that it is not good enough they don't have to enter the pools. I will have trophies for first through third place as well. Hope this helps and hope to see everyone there.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Maximillion wrote:
how do you know someones not cheating

I don't think that anyone on CTFishTalk is that much of a loser. Well, except for you know who. . . . Laughing

I don't know who?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: