CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: B.A.S.S. Club Inquiry Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8cas

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Well said Flippy! Very Happy

Thanks very much guys. I'm leaning closer and closer to joining this year whether I think I'm ready or not because I know I'm going to learn a bunch from club members. And that extra year will get me to where I want to be as an angler a lot faster than if I put it off a year or two.

I think most of my questions have been answered! There's just so many clubs out there and it's tough to get information about each one.

Another thing I was thinking about is, most of the tourney lakes are lakes I have avoided because it's a lot tougher to fish from a kayak with a bunch of traffic. Oh well...
luck38

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Join CT Sweetwater bass Reply with quote

I joined for the first time last year with CT Sweetwater and after the first tournament the only thing that scared me was looking at the rodfather lol Very Happy Very Happy Everyone was more than happy to help you learn. I didnt have any prior tournament experience and i was a non-boater too. They all took me in and it was about learning, observing, and asking questions - after the first tournament i was comfortable enough to begin breaking stones. All of us are good guys and a gal - we would help you as needed. Call the rodfather - he may be scary and my daughters thought he was going to steal and eat their barbies (true story) Very Happy but I am very happy that I took the plunge and joined. When my brother and I decided to buy a boat midway through the season the club even accomodated us and moved one of us to be a boater. The rodfather was the first one over my house to help us out on the boat so we didnt screw it up and i didnt even know him for more than a few months. It was an urge to do the tournament thing but it quickly became an addiction. Now we are upgrading to a bigger boat and selling our first boat - my wife hasn't even batted an eye and is now complaining to me that she cant wait until its fishing season and i am out of the house on the weekends Very Happy Very Happy . This is one of the best things that I have done, nothing better than being on the water for 8 hours and not thinking about the job, wife, kids, money etc.

Paul
n8cas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice! Thanks for sharing, Paul. It definitely helps! I'm leaning towards joining this year as a non-boater.
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luck38, quick question, What is a young slug, is it some kind of worm, or lure, I see some trucks with it on the back of their windows and nobody seems to know what it is. As a matter of fact I see it on all Sweetwater bassers vehicles.
luck38

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Young Slugs Reply with quote

Young Slugs is a company that I have a stake in. Check http://www.youngslugs.com. The name was derived from the power slug, which we all used, and the fact that the original members were relatively young. I also deer hunt and the name Young Slugs offers the opportunity to expand in this area since many peopel hunt with a slug gun. We have expanded to a few more non-stakeholding members, offering discounted tackle to members and the opportunity to find sponsorship to reduce the cost of fishing. We have some new ideas to expand and will be introducing them soon. The people who would benefit most on the tackle would be people who are relatively new to the tournament scene who may be looking to buy a good quantity of new equipment. You would have to be a member to take advantage of this. All tackle is ordered on an as needed basis. If you have more detailed questions then PM me or email me at Lucke@youngslugs.com

Hope that helps
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luck38, thats cool, every little bit of savings helps, especially for a guy or woman just getting into the sport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: