CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Bryon Schiffres Benefit Ice Out Tournament 4-5-09 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Bryon Schiffres Benefit Ice Out Tournament 4-5-09 Reply with quote

Hey Guys & Gals, some of you might have read the article on the front page of the CT Week section of the Hartford Courant yesterday, for those of you who didn't, check it out, it's touching. Having kids of my own, this really hits home for me, because the little 3 year old boy (Bryon Schiffres), is the son of our very good friends Linda and Rich, we mutually consider each other extended family. My wife has been extremely close to the father since she was a small child, they grew up together 2 houses from each other, and have always stayed close.

Bryon is currently fighting for his life, battling a cancerous brain tumor, and has at least a year of chemotherapy to get through at the Childrens Medical Center in Hartford. Both parents have been missing work for over a month now, and the medical and other bills are piling up. One of their immediate family members is holding a benefit dinner, or something to that effect at the French Club in Bristol on Friday night March 20th. I don't have any more info on that at this time, but what I am going to do on my end, is to hold a "Benefit Ice Out Tournament", in little Bryon's behaf, to raise some cash for them to help pay the bills.

The Application is approved for:

Sunday April 5th
Lower Bolton Lake
8am - 3pm
$60 per boat with a 75% payback = $45 back to the field

The payout breakdown based on 10 boats or more will be as follows:

$20 x # of boats = 1st place
$15 x " = 2nd place
$10 x " = 3rd place
No Lunker payout

Less than 10 boats will payout only 2 spots:
$30 x # of boats = 1st place
$15 x " = 2nd place
No Lunker payout

Same rules as always:

No live bait - artificials only
5 fish- 12 inch minimum per boat
All boats 1 or 2 person teams
All state and local laws on and off the water apply
All boats must have a working aerated livewell
Any dead fish brought to the scales will incur an 8oz. penalty
All anglers will be courteous to one another
All boats will keep 60 feet from one another
All weights called at the scale are final
Any complaints regarding weight of fish must be made while the fish are still on the scale
Only Trolling Motors may be used
The lake is off limits to prefishing 3 days prior to the event

I am going to try to get some local organizations to give up some free baits, T shirts, etc. I am also thinking of running a raffle, got any ideas for raffle prizes. I was thinking maybe a $25 gift card to Dicks, Bass Pro shops, or Cabelas. Maybe $5 a raffle ticket, and if I get enough response, I will up the size of the gift card to $50. Sound ok?

This is a team set up, but I will start a list of non boaters, so if somebody wants to fish but can't line up their regular partner, they can pick from the list.

Teams

1) Slimecoat & Justin Tralli
2) Stratos17 & Mrs. Stratos17
3) Nick P. & Cobalt
4) MikeHoncho & Brother
5) Just4fun & Johnny Skeeter
6) GoBama & Friend
7) Greg & KarateKid
8 Steve K. & Ron
9) Mike Sw. & Rich
10) ChuckC & Ryan G.
11) TShanBAWS & Todd
12) cjpd_00 & Dad
13) Next level & Senko bandit
14) Toptech & Snakebite
15) Glenn & Glenn Jr.

Team Waiting List - only if a boat drops out
1) BassinJayCt

Non boaters
1) Djmon
2) Bass Addict
3)

Last edited by slimecoat on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:34 am; edited 28 times in total
Stratos17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. I'm assuming as long as we don't use the outboard we will be ok.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

I'm in. If I can't make the date because of work, I'll donate my fee any way.

Good Job..

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ron,

You reminded me of something I forgot to mention, if anybody wants to make a donation to help the family, and can't make the tournament, I am accepting any and all donations. There is an account set up in their name, but I don't have any information on that at this time either. I will find out where donations can be sent. If you would like to donate sooner, pm me, and I will get back to you.

And yes stratos17, it will be a trolling motors only event. Outboards can be used for power loading only at the end of the day, this is due to a 6HP max regulation on that lake.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey gary- i'm in if you can put me in as a non boater;
Stratos17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its Ok I think I will ask the wife to be my partner for this one. She hates when I run "The big motor" You have to get the browny points when you can. seems like a good time and place to do so.

Gary,
Are most of the "HP restricted" lakes the same? There are places I would like to put my boat in but dont because of it. I can load my boat without power loading. Just never wanted to get hassled at the ramps. Just curiouse
Thanks,
Mart
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratos17, this is one of the few lakes that has a really small HP restriction. Rogers Lake has a larger HP restriction, which allows you to power load for sure.

Your best bet is to look through the CT anglers guide that you get when you buy your fishing license. If you purchased yours on line, you can always walk into your local tackle shop or town hall, and ask for one, they are free. You should also get yourself a copy of the CT lakes and ponds book from the DEP website and look at each lake to get special regulations and other info. It will be the best $20 you ever spend.I hope I answered your question......

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pencil me in with a partner TBD. Thanks.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support guys, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratos17 wrote:
Gary,
Are most of the "HP restricted" lakes the same? There are places I would like to put my boat in but dont because of it. I can load my boat without power loading. Just never wanted to get hassled at the ramps. Just curiouse
Thanks,
Mart

I think that the letter of the law does not allow you to run them period,..but I heard a DEP guy admit that it's never enforced for loading at the ramp.....this is on the lakes that allow gas motors though!
On lakes that do not allow gas motors at all, I think you'd get cited!!

Gary,..Please put me down for this tourney with Johnny. He cannot commit until it gets closer,..but I'll be there either way! I'm assuming that I can just make an extra donation to you at the ramp,..correct?
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try and make this one if I am not in NC.
djmon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mark if johnny has to pass then let me know if you need the partner; unless you have someone else already on the waiting list Wink
Go Bama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Throw my name in! Reply with quote

With TBD as a partner for now. Hope we can drum up a full field for the cause.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: tournament Reply with quote

Sign me up. I'm going to fish with Karate Kid.

Thanks,
Greg
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for all the support everybody, I think we are going to have a full field for this one. Thanks to Emptylakebassman, and the empty lake bass club for the use of their scale once again for this event.

I agree with just4fun, that you would probably get a ticket for power loading your boat on a lake that restricts outboards alltogether. But we have done it many times at Lower Bolton Lake, and never had a problem. I'm sure technically, with the wrong DEP officer on the wrong day, with a few lake residents complaints, we could get tickets there too, but unlikely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: