CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Bryon Schiffres Benefit Ice Out Tournament 4-5-09 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeHoncho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For PR purposes, I'd suggest no power loading by anyone involved in the tournament. There's no need to PO anyone or jeopradize the issue of future permits. Does anyone have a pair of hip boots or waders they can bring along????
T_Shan BAWS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, partner TBD
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

powerloading is LEGAL at lower bolton. I have been over this issue many times with SEVERAL diff econ officersincluding a sgt. So powerlaod away...besides ever try to load a 20ft skeeter without it...not fun and very difficult.
JS
T_Shan BAWS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know since I had a homeowner right by the ramp yelling at me last spring . . .
MikeHoncho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know power loading was legal at lower bolton...... good news.
Go Bama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Great news on PL... Reply with quote

I need to get a good head of steam to load my 20' skeeter as well....you will see me coming from the other end of the lake! Just kidding guys, just kidding.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can count my dad and I in. can't pass up a tournament with a great cause. Have you thought about doing some kind of cook out after I think it would make for a great chance for everyone to get to know eachother
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjpd_00,

We have done cookouts after the CTFishTalk tournies in the past, but I have another obligation to be at by 6pm, and it just doesn't leave me enough time to hold the weigh in, hang out, eat, schmooze, get home, unload, shower, etc.

You guys are more than welcome to have a cookout afterward, I just can't stay too long. I am the guy who usually brings the grill, grill tools, and hotdogs. But again, you'll be on your own with that stuff, as I can't commit to the cookout.

I heard that Scott Haney and Kara Sundlun on Good Morning Connecticut, will be doing a segment on Bryon schiffres on March 16th or 17th. I have emailed them to see if they want to come out and shoot the weigh in of this benefit tournament as well as a follow up segment. The more publicity this case gets, the more funding the family may get from outside sources to help pay hospital bills. Believe me, this is not for my personal gain at all, it is all about little Bryon for me.

On a more positive note, despite the setbacks over the past few weeks, he has improved and is getting stronger. He actually spoke a few words, and is grasping his toy matchbox cars, and pushing buttons to light up lights, all part of his therapy. Noone knows what he will be capable of long term, but right now the prognosis looks good. When he gets stronger, he still has a years worth of chemotherapy to get through. He is a trooper for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well if anyone wants to do some sort of cook out let me know and we can figure something out. I just read what you guys where saying about powerloading and ive seen 3 or 4 people get ticketed for powerloading and disqualified from a tournament here. I heard the homeowner next to the launch is the one that usually calls dep.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, maybe we shouldn't power load, especially if Channel 3 news decides to film the weigh in.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with the DEP you can not power load at Bolton. If you are caught they can give you a ticket. Just like speeding on the highway it is to the officers discretion to write a ticket so i would advise not power loading, especially since this is going to be a highly publicized event.

Last edited by chuckc on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Ok, maybe we shouldn't power load, especially if Channel 3 news decides to film the weigh in.

I must have been typing as you posted this... Very Happy
Stratos17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the wife and I place or win by some miracle, We will donate our winnings less our entry fee to The Schiffres.
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: power loading Reply with quote

ok, well the officers i spoke with said that they would not ticket for that.......However i can see if it was one boat versus 10-15 boats..that may draw a ticket for some.

Last edited by Johnny Skeeter on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: