CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River 4/28 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aburc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one spot in Berlin that i know of. Its right next to the highway. If your going 9N take exit 21. Then take a left off the ramp. At the first light go left. (BCD is on the cornner) Then take the 2nd or 3rd left i think. Follow that down to the dead end right next to the highway. Park in the far cornner of the parking lot on the right by the woods. Walk down the trail to the river and get fishin. There is a way under the highway to the other side to more spots but its a lil hike.

Luck...

Big Carp!
Bass LM/SM
Trout
Pike
Never cought a striper there. But i bet theyre in there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a spot right behind the NAPA warehouse in middletown/cromwell too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
aburc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time someone's sharing. Everyone just reads these posts and never coments or adds to them.Its the same people all the time Lets go people!!! I know you out there.............[/b]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot! Good looking out

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well down there today. Didn't get anything. Actually I've gooten skunked everytime I've gone out this year. Seems like a nice place,just had a few mins to kill. Be warned though,it's like tick city down there

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never been in the Mattabbaset my dad always talks about wanting to go in there with the boat but isint sure if it's safe...I have been in the farmington a few times though. Its tough to get into you have to be careful when entering there is a long shallow point that gos out a pretty long ways my friend blew his lower unit once trying to get in there so your best bet is to start a good way back and just stay to the left alittle bit...there is some decent fishing in there. Last time I was there I got a nice eye which I didint know was in there and some good smallmouth and saw a pretty big pike on a sand bar up past the launch... there are some downed trees that where pretty good just a little way up the river along with some nice rocky areas...hope this helps alittle
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definately get into the mattabessett by boat, watch out for the hermit that lives in the grounded houseboat. If you hear banjo's playing in the backgroung get out of there quick, before they shoot a sequil to the movie deliverance.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha thanks I went right along rt9 in Berlin. Had to park in a little industrial park.. Water was kind of clear,but I didn't see any action in the water. I'm sure theyre in there

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you found the spot ok. I use to go there back when i was in highschool its a real creaper spot. On sunny days you could see big carp swimming around. We use to flause those guys if you know what i mean.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Plugs at Cabelas Reply with quote

Go to CT Outfitters in Wethersfield, first. If they don't have what you are looking for then head to Cabelas.
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah,Ive been there before but wasn't sure if you can get in there. It looks like people fish down. I didn't go to the other side of the highway,but there was a path that went under the bridge. Maybe next time ill do a little more exploring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: