CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Dealing with Dogs? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great until you get bit, I would ask the people to keep control of their dog or else, I would kick them in the nuts, then I would punch them in the snout, then I would pepper spray their ass along with the owner, and wait dont stop, tackle the dog and wrestle with it as you duct tape his mouth shut, now you have total control, then I would hang it from a tree and spank its ass for a little while until the police arrived. Twisted Evil
justjustin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phish wrote:
Get some pepper spray. Less messy than Addict's method. And legal. If the dog's not on a leash, it's technically a threatening/dangerous situation. Personally, I'd try the nice "Hey, would you mind controlling your dog" approach, but if that doesn't work the pepper spray will. It doesn't do any damage to the dog and it will work. Just make sure it's not pointed back at you before you spray.

human pepper spray does not affect dogs in the same manner you need to get special dog stuff
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justjustin, your right, so instead of pepper spray i would use sprayable paint stipper, not the water base kind.
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dynamite works good too

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now I'm probably going to just avoid the place, although I would like to take a few crappie out of there for dinner sometime! Wink
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run into this a few times wi=hile fishing with my newphew. Luckily for the idiot dog owners i was with the kids or i would have let them have an earful. I asked them BEFORE they let their dogs jump in the water if they would mind going down the bank a bit more so we dont have any "accidents"..they actually said sure and kept moving. My older nephew (who is 14) asked why people are so stupid..my reply was.." if someone ever figures that out they will be rich"..we had a good laugh and kept on fishin...i guess you can "attract more bees with honey" as the saying goes and being nice does work sometimes.
johnny
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call police and complain. There is a law in Ct called, "hunter harassment law".
You can read about it here, and yes, fishing is hunting

http://www.ctsportsmen.com/issues/state_supreme_court_upholds_hunt.htm

I just looked that up due to the a$$holes running over my line with remote control boats yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to get in the head of these ignorant people with sort of a passive aggressive approach. Tell them their dog is a liability to public safety and they could get in serious trouble if the dog bit or jumped on somebody and injured them. Not to mention the dogs safety as well. I'm pretty sure there is a statewide leash law also. I have a dog, and I never let her off the leash outside. She's only a 12 lb. cairn terror, but she annoys even me! I can't imagine how other people would be annoyed by her if she were running loose. Sorry for your spoiled outing...

I'm primarily a shore fisherman and have encountered this. One day I was leaving my hometown pond because a woman showed up with two goldens or labs and she was letting them swim in the water close to where I was fishing. So as I'm getting in my car, one of these muts trots over to me starts to shake off, so I close the door, AND THE DOG STANDS UP ON MY CAR DOOR AND STARTS SCRATCHING THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Not right...
heavyweight80

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is in most parks the law states dogs must be leashed. Therefore they are in violation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: