CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: looking for articles about Rod & Reel Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it shaggs, cobalt is a dick with a funny haircut. Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" am just anal, and I had asked for specific articles not a general link.. "

specific articles on what, secret fishing techniques? Ask a specific question and get a specific answerer, ask a general question and get a general link....

What are you looking to do? learn drop shotting, texas rigging, frogging, line info, rod reel combo's....Explain what application you want to learn about and maybe someone will be more specific or be prepaired to get general responses to your non specific questions.

Justin

Last edited by Bass Addict on Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy's, I think he is so new to bass fishing that he doesn't know what he wants to do. We must be patient with the green horns, remember that was you years ago. I for 1 wish there was an internet with all this information when I started fishing. I learned the hard way , on the water, afetr paying an entry fee and getting my ass kicked at the weigh in for years, before I finally figured it out.

Lets not forget where we came from........

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: looking for articles about Rod & Reel Reply with quote

shaggs wrote:

I am looking for some text/video articles that talk about bass rods, action and how it differes with different lines and reels. Also gear ratio and how it works with presentation and then maybe a separate article that talks about different presentation methods for different lures.

Help me be more specific...later I posted that my brother said my rod sucked...what makes it suck?

thanks for the help
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a "specifically general" question... for lack of a better term.

It's tough to tell you to just go by a rod, when we have no clue what kind of fishing you do or inted to do. Just by owning one rod, it really limits your versatility and productivity.

What kind of water do you fish? (Lakes, small ponds, streams, big rivers, salt)

I know you're just starting, but you'll soon realize that there is a lot more to fishing then just any set up.

BTW, cobalt, LMFAO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
shaggs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it now...so basically I asked a super newb question. The one that makes everyone cringe and roll their eyes.

Gonna go back to my hole over here and keep reading. I will get back to you on this one. For now since I am new and strapped for cash the cabela will have to do. It will be better than the ugly stick and this way I can have two...one for the main and then a follow up plastic..yeah eh? see I have learned some.
NSGSplatmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, can you let us know what kind of budget you have? If you're really strapped for cash then its not necessary to have a great setup. I know a lot of accomplished fishermen that use very basic setups and still have a great time, plus there are ball bearing reels out there for 30 dollars or even less during sales which I think are quite acceptable for bassing.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most beneficial things about fishing forums like this is that we can help keep you from wasting your money,....
If you are on a tight budget,..you should ALWAYS ask about something on here before you pay the money,...the chances are good that someone on here will have some experience with it and can give you a real-world review! Wink

Also,..if you want a suggestion on what will be a "best buy",...just give us the dollar amount that you are planning to spend and we'll tell you exactly what to get! You have the collective experience of hundreds of years of fishing on this forum and everyone hates to see someone waste their money,..so we are glad to help! Cool
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Mark!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal (Cobalt), that was priceless.

Shaggs,

I was in your shoes a few years ago and in some respects still am now on some topics. I suggested those sites/periodicals as places to search for your specifics as they arise. What you'll find is that this sport can be as complicated and expensive as you want to make it. There are technique specific rods. Want to throw a frog? They have frog rods. Does that mean you NEED a frog rod - no. Perhaps you want to throw swimbaits. Does that mean you need an 8 foot swimbait rod...well not if you're only throwing small, hollow-bodied plastic swimbaits. In other words, you'll find that you'll get much narrower answers if you ask more specific questions because there's so much specialized stuff out there.

Here is a link that will get you started. I googled "bass fishing on a budget" and found this collection of articles for beginners on a site I know is decent.

http://www.bassresource.com/beginner/beginner.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: