CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Summertime Night Tourny CANCELLED Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stratos17

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seadog,
Just making sure you're paying attention!!!!

I'll take a shot of that rum!
djmon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rum??? any jager being offered? Laughing
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Lets pick a date, august 6th its a friday, we will have it at Lilly, 8pm to 6am, this is a long one,

I'm already here. PM me when I need to stop pre-prefishing.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratos17 wrote:
Seadog,
Just making sure you're paying attention!!!!

I'll take a shot of that rum!

Hi!

OK! You have to drink it clean.
Strictly 5 star -> Only drink top self these days. Very Happy

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira there will be no cut off on night tourny, you can fish all you want. Hope you like bugs and bats Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing , Actually I hope it rains hard,
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratos, I can understand the partner, part of it,I want some more feedback before I really make a decision on how long to hold it for, The only thing that concerns me about fishing till midnight or 1 am is the drive home with drunks, I guess you cant win, as for congo, I had a tourny there last year and we had jet skiers at 1am racing around with no lights and also we had a boat with drunks starting fights so NO Exclamation I will not do 1 at congo, Twins another story, and its not good, I know that alot of these non boaters have not fished a true night tourny and I thought it would be a great idea to get them in on it. I hope everybody that wants to fish can give me some ideas,
toptech

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be up for fishing it as a non-boater. I dont care what time till really...If people didnt want to fish it till six and there were concerns about drunks fishing till 1...we could fish till like 4. By time everyone is out out the water, way-ins are done and everyone stops bsing it will be around 530 to 6 and everyone can drive home sleepy but drunk idiot free. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopTech 4am thats when the bites start up again.
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

night sniper is in....non boater
On twenty-pound test "
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*

Last edited by TurtleKiss on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

Last edited by flippy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha this funny, i love this place.
On twenty-pound test "
THE RODFATHER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIM be nice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me rephrase what I said in a nicer way, I didnt mean to be so cruel, Im sorry, These are the ways I wanted to do these tournys, just small tournys with members of this sight, I wanted to have small tournys so these guys can get the experience of a tourny, And one thing with these tournys are that rules are rules, it is what it is. Now if anybody wants to have a tourny of a different kind, pm me and I will be happy to help out, Again I appologize the way I came back. JIM

Last edited by flippy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
djmon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candy could be fun; Laughing

i'll have a few of the skeet reese tessera series rods by the tournament and it'll look like a light saber in the night jigging and moving around as i cast and then BOOM! a nice big bow will be seen in the darkness as i set on a smallie Shocked

Stratos17- i understand where he's coming from with partners- especially when its an all nighter and flippy is strapped thong ready Shocked Shocked Shocked

haha- in all serious now.....
flippy is right with what hes saying in regards with the jet skis, drunks, or even the "pleasure boaters". would a smaller lake benefit; in some aspect sure but it would take away greatly as well. for starters lets compare this, regardless of how ever many hours we stay out; who'd rather go to somewhere such as "black pond" (using it as an example cause it was brought up and im not familiar with the other one) and spend the night fishing there for if your lucky a few bites, few bass weighted in. or would you rather make the time worth while and truely a test against the other boats where each boat could bring in a limit and play the ounces game.

secondly as flippy also said in regards to if you dont like it the dont fish...... well to look at this group of people on the site you could almost put everyone in two groups perhaps a third if need be. there are some of us that when a tournament comes up we sign up, put our name in w/e, the day comes and whether its 80's and no wind or 40's and down pour we're sitll fishing regardless. for the selective boaters if they sign up for a tournament with the knowledge of having a co angler they understand that responsibltie and commitment to that other person and don't bail out in the last minute just the same as some co anglers which in that sense 90% of the time that co angler may not even matter to that angler. on tournaments such as these however where flippy is wasting time waiting on people to get back to him of why they havent contacted their co anglers, and he has people waiting such as with the ice out- well basically its like this, these tournaments are being done to give some new faces a chance to get a small idea to what its like to compete; nothing more is being asked of you if you chose to sign up then to be there, be understanding of whats asked of you and enjoy yourselfs. input on places, is important and is asked yes, but in the end its his say and his tournaments and if it doesnt fit you then no one is forcing you to fish; your only being offered the opportunity. just a final thought- for the people (especially the ones who it was there first tournament at silver and hoped to do more) if you ever go past little $20-30 pay in tournaments and join a club or trail that is set in advance and your either fishing for example 7-3 numberous days regardless of the weather or your wasting your money that you paid to become a part of the club.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: