CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Bass and water temps Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
No...there's a little wooden foot bridge right next to the spillway on the east side of the res.

Ohhhhh, the little bridge...yeah, that's the spot. Pads are right in front of it, and all along that side. Very shallow.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda figured that was the spot. I tried some topwater lures over there a few weeks back when the pads were just starting to come up. I didn't have much luck but I think the time of day had something to do with that. It was between 12 and 1:30 in the afternoon.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
I kinda figured that was the spot. I tried some topwater lures over there a few weeks back when the pads were just starting to come up. I didn't have much luck but I think the time of day had something to do with that. It was between 12 and 1:30 in the afternoon.

The bass start feeding right before the cops close the access gate.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. I haven't been arrested in a while so maybe I'll have to stay late over there one night Wink
RyanMalloy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: This is what I'm talking about Reply with quote

The fact that you guys are having a talk on frogs in mid April is really making me happy. I throw these almost the entire fishing season with 50 lb power pro braid myself. I've caught two this year alone over four and one was a pig. Vary the speeds of your frog to see exactly what they are wanting. The pig I caught was on a white frog about a month ago in march. There was an isolated patch of three Lilly pads which is normal for early spring. I got caught up on the pads and twitched it free. Right when I did that it came up and rolled on the bait which you see many lunkers do with top water baits. The post spawn is usually an insane time to catch lunkers swooping around the shallows for a quick meal. In most ponds the largemouths are on beds right now which would make the couple weeks following my fire time on the water. On the bigger bodies of water I usually stick to grubs or jerk baits pre spawn and then top water post spawn

I document almost all of my catches in three isolated ponds near where I fish for fun after work. I can't come up with a rhyme or reason to water temps effect on lunker bass to hit top water. I get hits almost all year long. Usually the biggest junk pile of crap in the water is where I catch the biggest fish! Especially on the river!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: