CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws
Viewing Topic: What a jerk!!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chumley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we should all stop fishing,bet it dont feel to good getting ripped out of the water by your lips not being able to breath........................

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL at this whole thread!!!! Rolling Eyes

I trap/sometimes kill by accident with intent to relocate squirrels from my yard with a have a heart trap. I do this because they are living in the soffits of my house. They have been there much longer than I have, because the old woman who lived there before us had no way or desire to get rid of them. They breed like rabbits, and are all over my neighborhood, just drive through. I have relocated 25+ squirrels over the past 3 years, and plan to keep at it until they are no longer eating my house and my fence posts, gate handles, etc. As soon as I hear another squirrel in my soffits, or see another squirrel in my yard the trap goes back out. A few have died from exposure to cold, but I'm more than positive that I'm not hurting the population, believe me.

So send me down the river, but it will not change a thing. I am an animal lover, we have a dog, a fish, and my wife had 2 cats, but F-&*^@#$ tree rats have no place in my home or my heart.

They must leave.........period!

I can see both sides of the geese thing, but I'm not sure I would put up a big fence either and block the view that I paid big bucks to have. They do shit all over the place and make a mess, but there are more humane types of fences to put up also.

I'm on the fence...........LOL Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary you son-of-a-Beach..!

I was wondering why I have so many more tree rats over the years few years.

Now I know why.... Well pay back is a beach, I'm gonna catch them and send them HOME where they BELONG.
Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha you guys are funny
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, I don't know what you are talking about? Rolling Eyes What tree rats??? Rolling Eyes

Somebody must have bogarted my screen name and password and threw that post up here. Laughing Laughing

Besides they don't like to eat the expensive white PVC fencing, it is too soft and doesn't sharpen their teeth. Cursed bastards!!!! Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao this is to funny
LOBSTERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it goes without saying that you need to use non-lethal methods. All native migratory birds in the US are protected by federal law, and it is illegal to kill any protected birds. The exception to this would be the killing of a game species, such as the geese, by a licensed hunter in the proper season in the approved manner.

Last edited by LOBSTERMAN on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
LOBSTERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canada Geese are protected under the Federal Migratory Bird Act of 1918 . This Act makes it illegal to harm or injure a goose and damage or move its eggs and nest, without a Federal permit. Not complying with the Federal Act can result in fines ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 ...sucks to be the land owner if something comes of this
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if that would hold water in this case.

It's not like the land owner put up this fence to purposely kill geese. It was probably meant to just keep them from coming up on his grass and making a mess by shitting all over the place.

He could have a chicken coop on his property and the baby goose chick could have wandered up from the smell of the chicken feed and gotten stuck in that metal fence too trying to get to the feed.

I agree that he should probably have a different kind of fence in place, but pissing about it on this site is going to go nowhere. Get the street address, and a video camera, take some video and photos and send them to the right people in that town, and see where it goes. Maybe they will make him take the fence down, or replace it with a different more fowl friendly type.

But "Frankly Scarlett I don't give a DAMN"............

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know whats funnie lobsterman,that people are to quick to jump on there soap box,a goose get stuck so lets call dep on the land owner,maybe ill send a photo to local police showing a fisherman on private property! can you say trespassing. everybody wants this property owner to get blasted for this, get real,another post on this site says kill all snakeheads if you catch one,why?snakeheads were sold at pet stores and when they grow to big people let them go in local waters,not the fishes fault.but lets kill them because they do there natural thing ,eat. i hope this property owner doesnt catch any crap over this cause a 5-10k fine could bankrupt that person over a stupid bird

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for fishing and hunting. In fact, where my daughter sees cute little animals, I see food. I think Walt Disney did this country a disservice when he turned animals into people. And I think PETA and those anti-whaling Whale Wars guys are terrorists. But there's a difference between fishing and hunting in a responsible manner and indiscriminate senseless killing.

Putting up a fence like the one Rookie saw was reckless at best and kinda sociopathic at worst.

Last edited by PECo on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chumley, I have to disagree with your comparison to snakeheads.

Geese are a wild animal that has been here long before man I'm sure. They are also a protected species. They are not a threat of any kind unless you are allergic to goose shit, or don't want to see it on your grass.

Snakeheads on the other hand are no longer sold in pet stores to my knowledge, I believe the state or govt. banned them for sale. This is because they are a very dangerous invasive species, that have teeth like a pirana and the attitude of a pitbull trained to kill anything that moves, and they will eat every and any other fish species in a body of water to the point of extinction. They move from one body of water to another, because they can live out of water and breath air like us for 4 or 5 days without dying. If I catch 1 of these frigging things I will definately kill it and report it to the DEP, decause that is what they want you to do. I am a bass tournament guy, and I want to continue to fish bass tournaments, I have no desire to have all our lakes and rivers full of only snakeheads.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary i know snakeheads are bad and i would kill them to, when i was a kid i'd spend weeks at andover lake,place had large numbers of slimedarts and we killed them as fast as we caught them. rookie pulled that baby goose out of the fence thats a good deal, but for him and everbody else hoping the property owner gets his is bullshit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think the property owner is within his rights to put up a baracade of some sort, I just question the invisible fish netting as opposed to a couple wire lines or something less dangerous to the baby geese and ducks, but really I have more important things to worry about in the big scheme of life.

Somebody please lock this thread, I'm tired of beating this dead horse!!!!! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Some Dicks are just people
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Rules & Regs , Saftey Notices, Recalls, & Laws All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: