CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Spring Pond 07/23 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Photos Reply with quote

Bluegill Terminator wrote:
Quote:
Just curious...how would one target only perch at Batterson and not end up with a mess of bluegill & rock bass instead?

Troll SR-5 rapala shad raps in silver color you will catch walleye as well.

The homeowner wants to catch them from shore (assuming from their property.) I catch accidental perch here and there, mostly at night (trying for catfish with nightcrawlers)....but wouldn't there need to be a perch community within casting distance from the property in order to avoid the other panfish? The perch I catch in an entire season would feed a family of 2 for about 2 days.

My boat is done with Batterson this year. My trolling more can't handle the weeds, and the entire beach area is completely unreachable. I'm pretty sure it can handle the stumps at Winchester at night though if I had a guide...hint, hint.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

Bluegill Terminator is right. Trolling a shallow diving Rapala has gotten me a few perch, both white and yellow, on Batterson. After today's troll on Spring Pond, I'd try a white lipless crankbait, too. I hesitated before tying it on because I thought I'd snag up a lot, but it was surprisingly snag free. However, Batterson is A LOT weedier than Spring Pond.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: I agree Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Bluegill Terminator is right. Trolling a shallow diving Rapala has gotten me a few perch, both white and yellow, on Batterson. After today's troll on Spring Pond, I'd try a white lipless crankbait, too. I hesitated before tying it on because I thought I'd snag up a lot, but it was surprisingly snag free. However, Batterson is A LOT weedier than Spring Pond.

Batterson is ridiculous. Can't fish anything with an exposed hook anymore, plus I killed my trolling motor twice just trying to get out of that mess.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: