CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: UPPER BOLTON
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: UPPER BOLTON Reply with quote

im on my quest tomm to nail a pig on a frog, i will be shore fishing, where will be my best bet to accomplish this? i figure upper bolton because it just looks like a frog heaven, anybody ever catch anything out of upper bolton?
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there a few months back and got absolutely nothing. I don't think the water there is very deep. I think it is frog heaven...just not bass heaven.
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread may help you out...

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/bolton-7-5-t5302.html
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bud,i heard from a local old timer who was fishing at the boat launch at middle bolton with shiners, that there is some hogs in upper. Idk
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They very well could be out there. If you catch anything let me know.
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so after debating whether or not to hit upper bolton, i actually gave it a shot. and it was well worth it. I started at the car top launch and threw a white/green bigfoot scum frog and spro dean rojas bronze eyes in three different colors out and got nothing. Then i threw out my tru tungsten mad maxx in the rotten pumpkin color and on the third cast i got the most pulse pounding adrenaline pumping strike in my life, happened right in the thick of a group of pads, I set the hook perfectly but only because i frooze in shock for three seconds then said to myself, time to set the hook lol it was the largest chain pickeral i ever seen! it was anywhere between 22 to 24 inchs long. it ripped one of the mad maxx's eyes off lol
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! At least there was something in there.
Lunker Cove

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres biggest pickeral i ever seen in there, And for those who are intrested in investing in a top notch/tournament style frog, mad maxx is the way to go. The weight thats built in there really allows you to launch the thingn into orbit and that drain hole really helped in keeping the frog on top of the water. it was just a smooth easy frog to use. Nothing against the bronze eyes, but they did tend to fill up with water and sink a little bit. The bronze eyes tended to get caught underneath the pads and other veg as a result of the frog filling with water
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: