CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Lake X controversy!!!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I didn't realize how much anger, hostility and resentment there is on this forum. Confused I wish the best of luck to all of you with that. Your life is what you make of it. I'm going to enjoy some fishing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then you agree theres no problem with lake x reports peco?
Question

Your clearly unemployed seadog. Have fun ranting, no one cares. Ban me or w/e its fine, its not like this site gives me anything anyways minus some poor amusement.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BS!

Look! You made your enfantic stand on the "Oldefriend' post.
Then you backwatered on the recent Lake X post.

You quite obviously have shown the members that you can't be trusted to stand by what you say Exclamation

Am I the only one that posts Lake X objections?
NO Exclamation -> All those members that objected to "Oldefriend's post" and the recent Lake X post are sticking to their word to keep this forum above board.
You didn't -> You flip-floped!

You only single me out because "I WILL" point out your flip-flops and sometimes irrational posts!

Flat Out! -> You and Nickp both broke faith with this forum and its members.
Neither of you can denie it, object to it, or lie your way out of it Exclamation

Soooooo! Both of you are PO'd at me for telling the TRUTH Exclamation

Also! ask yourselves THIS! -> Why is it that when You or Nick make such ridiculous posts you both get jumped on by the members of this forum!

Both of you have unequivicably proven to the members of this forum, with your posts, are unable to stand up for what the majority of us here KNOW AND DO IS RIGHT!

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp

No, I still think that Lake X reports are silly, but that's just my opinion. What you post or don't post is up to you and the moderators. Like you, obviously, I usually don't like people telling me what to do. Why the MPAA thinks that it should tell me what movies my kids can watch or Tipper Gore thinks that she should tell me what video games they can play is beyond me. I'll decide what my kids can and cannot do for myself. The MPAA and Tipper can piss off. I don't agree with you about Lake X reports but, ultimately, what you do is up to you.

I've never claimed to be an expert fisherman. I started reading this forum to learn to be a better fisherman and I am. Well, at least I think that I am. It has definitely made fishing more fun for me. Some of the most important things about which I've learned here are good places to fish. Without a post by Flipper, I might never have checked out Hopeville Pond. Without having met Fishface or Phish, I might never have fished Bantam River or Keeney Cove. I'm obviously not as competitive as you, because I don't resent the success of others. That's why I've let others try out my sit-inside kayak. And that's also why I did my best to find a shore fisherman to whom I could give my inflatable kayak when I no longer needed it. It doesn't always work out (sorry about the kayak thing, TurtleKiss Embarassed ), but sometimes it does (right Dawg? Very Happy ).

Anyway, you obviously know what you're doing and I'd love to learn how, if not where, you do it. I truly am sorry about your boat, trailer and truck, and am glad that you're apparently okay. You, too, Flippy! If my wife had let me get a bass boat, I would have invited you out on it. I still hope to meet you out on the water one of these days. Maybe on Lake X. Wink

By the way, what color and size of tube was working for you the other day? Very Happy And did you fish them on the bottom like a jig or swim them like a spinnerbait?

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
That's why I've let others try out my sit-inside kayak. And that's also why I did my best to find a shore fisherman to whom I could give my inflatable kayak when I no longer needed it. It doesn't always work out (sorry about the kayak thing, TurtleKiss Embarassed ), but sometimes it does (right Dawg? Very Happy ).

The best things by far that happened to my fishing this year were...thanks to Phil now I'm on the water instead of next to it and I've also met some great people to fish with and learn from. It all happened on this site. Hopefully we can continue that trend for others on here.
steven1smith

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so much controversy over lake X reports?

I, personally, dont have too much of a problem with some of them. The one Nick posted, in my opinion, is a good report that shouldn't be ridiculed just because it didn't contain the name of the lake in it. There was some good information in there, and it is very true that it can be applied to just about anywhere you fish.

I dont really have a big problem with the other lake X reports either, you know the ones where they give out very little info. I say if you dont like them then you dont have to respond to them or read them! (But by no means am I encouraging them!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
nk1190

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I would like to say that I enjoy reading and learning from this forum, one thing that makes this forum so valuable is the fact that many(most) of the fisherman on it are willing to share their knowledge with everyone.

I believe that if you are fishing a private lake and want to post about it then "lake x" is acceptable because you just cant have people reading this forum and then going to these private lakes and fishing illegally.

On the flip side, the point of this forum (in my opinion) is to exchange information, make friends, and become better fisherman. The "lake x" reports really don't accomplish any of this.

And lastly I think everyone is entitled to their opinions and some arguments are okay and part of life, but people like Seadog should be respected. Seadog may be stern and strong willed about his beliefs but he is a valuable member of this forum. He is a veteran fisherman with plenty of knowledge, who is always willing to help the fellow angler. Friendly arguments are okay but being disrespectful is completely uncalled for.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to start trouble. but i dont remember anyone yelling at guys with scratched out land markings in their pics.... i'm for it all learning new stuff and new places. I dont mind any of the posts in here. After all its just a site and not tranquility where you get everything that you want. I too was at the ice fishing tournament on silver lake. i probly caught the most fish but nothing worthy to weigh in.... Whatever. lmfao its all good. again its not burger king your way or subway... lmao if you dont like it keep it moving i see it. not worth talking shit about. just dont read or post on whomever you dont like. its that simple. geez... cant we all just get along? lmfao
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i was going to stay out of this but...flippy did post the name of the lake if you go back and read it. While i am not a fan of the "lake x" bullcrap i do agree with nicks post staing that it doesnt matter what lake he caught the fish on but rather the technique/depth/conditions/lure etc that matter. Any good angler will be more concerned with depth etc rather nthan where you caught the fish (ie lake location/name). I am disaappointed to see the name calling ,swearing and bashing that has happened. We are all entitled to our opinion andthats what makes this country and site great. If you diaagree with someone pm them and keep it off the boards. When tralli and i fished alot of tourneaments we never said where we caught the fish but it never mattered beacuse 100's of time we fished around or behind several boats and we caught fish and they didnt. So you see it really doesnt matter the lake you fished in the end anyway.
Johnny
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: