CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Local Bass Club Looking For New Members... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfdfire911

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Local Bass Club Looking For New Members... Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

I belong to a local Bass Club called the Tobacco Valley Bass Anglers that is opening its membership up to new members for the 2011 season.

We are looking for both BOATERS and NON-BOATERS...The club is very interested in anyone interested, but we have a particular interes in NON-BOATERS given we only have a couple remaining!!

I only say that to encourage people without boats to give us some thought!!

We do our club meetings at a members house located in Enfield the 3rd tuesday of the month. During the off season we usually go every other month and during the fishing season its every month.

The club is great in its understanding that we all have lives, responsibilities and jobs that have to take priority over meetings and its understood if you cant make them all...All the club askes is that you do your best to make a few here and there.

The club members vary in skill level, we dont have any Pros that run away with the points each year like some clubs do...And we even crowned a NON-BOATER as our 2009 Mr. Bass Points Champion!!

Thats right!! He won the title from the BACK of a boat!!

I cant speak highly enough about the guys I fish with in this club...and I have been with 2 other clubs over the years! We certainly have a competitive group of guys but none of us let that competitive nature ruin the spirit of what the club is all about!

The one thing I like about this club is we dont fish the same bodies of water every year over and over again year after year! I have taken over the tourny director position for the 2011 schedual and like the previous director my goal is constant change!!

Bottom line..its really a good club and an even better group of guys to fish with!! If our location works for you drop me an e-mail and lets get you to our next club meeting on November 16, 2010!!

Thanks!

Jim C.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfdfire911,

Nice avitar! I'm guessing it's your wife/girlfriend. Wink

Guys, I have heard nothing but good things about this club.

Ron

PS. What are the fee's? Some people might be wondering.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also interested in fee info.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
jomonkey527

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me three!
htfdfire911

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Club Fee's Reply with quote

Okay here is a breakdown of the fee's....

$65.00 TVBA- required
$30.00 B.A.S.S. required
$25.00 CT Federation- Optional

I dont believe we are the cheapest out there but we do pay out at the year end 1st-4th place....And I do believe 4th wins either their money back or a tadd more than that....

I also wanted to thank Ron for the compliment! Its nice to hear good things are out there about the club!

We have our next meeting on November 16...I would love to bring you folks in to meet some of the members....That FREE!! LOL
toptech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fished with these guys as a stand in non-boater had a great time. Everyone was cool and stayed around the ramp talkin about styles and techniques for awhile. Thats always good cause you never know what you can learn. I wouldnt have been scared to pair up with any of them as a non-boater.

Everyone fishes for their own weight so even as a non-boater you dont have the pressure of letting down a team mate....all you have is the pressure of letting yourself down... ; ) Trust me when I say that makes a big difference when starting out. This is the best way to learn by getting into something like this.

Jim I am gonna try if Im living in this state and have the time Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfdfire911,

How often are the tournaments and what days (Saturday's, Sundays, weekdays) are they usually held?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: T.V.B.A. Schedual For 2011 Reply with quote

In response to Robs question about the schedual...I have selected a schedual that is equal in both Saturday and Sunday tournies. for the 2011 season...there was a concern that the majority of the schedual the previous tourny director put together were on Saturdays...

As for where I need to keep that under wraps until the club meeting where I present the schedual to the members on the 16th. I am sure everyone can understand...

We fish 10 points tournies a year which includes (1) two day event!! We also do a Family and Friends Day that includes a picinic at a members house which is just a wins some money for the day thing and you get to bring your wife or a family member or a friend if you choose!!

Without getting into detail the schedual dates are gonna be as follows unless otherwise changed by D.E.P.

4/30/11 season opener
5/14/11
5/22/11
6/11/11
6/25 & 6/26 Two Day Event-Double Points Tourny
7/9/11
7/24/11 Friends and Family Day- Non Points Event Not Required To Attend!
8/7/11
8/27/11
9/10/11
10/16/11 Final Event for 2011

The events are spaced out pretty well and gives any member an opprotunity to get some family time in or even do some pre-fishing!!

I Hope than answers your question!!

Thanks
Jim
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I appreciate your quick response.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in this tourny series can you bring your partner or are you assigned one each tourney ?
LOBSTERMAN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i here the clubs meeting are held at a members house down in his awsome man cave with beer on tap and mixed drinks .lol
Andersondnb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still looking for new members?
htfdfire911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Club Meetings... Reply with quote

Yea...the man cave is pretty cool...LOL And for those interested yes the club is still taking on some new members...
htfdfire911

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: All New T.V.B.A. Member Website!! Reply with quote

Over the winter I have been working on a website for the club that finally is up and running...

I think it came out pretty decient and has a lot to offer not only the members but people who might be looking to join a Bass Club.

Over the summer the site will continue to grow as I add in new freatures and it gets used more....As the tournaments are run, the results will be posted on the website allowing all the members to know their position in the standings within hours of the event now...

Anyone interested in taking a look log onto the site....

http://www.tvba.org

Anyone interested in recieving more information can contact me or the club president directly via the website links provided....

New for the 2011 season...we have created a NON-BOATER of the year award with a specific payout for NON-Boater in the club to stir up some friendly compitition among them!! It should prove to be exciting to see these guys not only fish for the overall ranking but now fish to win the NON-Boater of the year award also!!

So Check Us Out!!

Jim C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: