CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Trout Fishing
Viewing Topic: Trout fishing tomorrow, help Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthonkerheaven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anytime, rooster tails and panther martins are my GO TO lures all the time, they have great spining as well as flashing and everything else. I believe they are pound for pound the best lures out there for trout. I've Caught well over 100 trout on them just in the month of march and april, can't wait for opening day either, i've seen a few fish in that 6+ pound range already, can't wait to keep them haha Smile
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chh!

I agree! -> Rooster Tails and Panther Martins for close in work -> Thomas Spoons for long distant casting and baited Trout Magnet or small Ice Jig 2-3 ft. under a slip bobber when the trout get picky.

7 more days to go till Opening Day -> Hope the Wx gets better Exclamation

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit the TMA @ Mohegan lake again today. Caught 3 or 4 fish browns & brookies. 1 of the fish I caught had a snell coming out of it. Cut it down as close as i could to the hook Sad My brother in law caught a couple. 1 was a good 17" fish looked like the pattern of a chain pickerel. What kind of trout could that have been? Dont think I ever saw them like that b4. His fish also had a line coming out of it Sad There was also a cleaned trout w no head sitting on the bottom of the stream. Looks like a bunch of %#@*'s fish there.Guess it could happen to anyone though. I cant wait til opening day so these fish that get gut hooked don't die for no reason.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CD!

If the trout had marking like a pickerel it is most likely a Tiger Trout -> a steril hybrid cross between a Brook Trout and Brown Trout -> Very aggresive!

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Trout Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: