CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Weather?!! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbrown815

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Mystic for the weekend...nervous to go home. Hamden has 11% out and I have no idea if I'm one of them. Going to be a crappy welcome home if I don't have power.
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much 70% percent of the state without power. I didnt lose power but there are downed trees in front of my house. Also there is one power line that fell down on my street and of COURSE its the one going to my house. Its my cable wire, and its working though. If I cannot watch football today I am going to blow up on CL-P LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I need an NFL-enabled bar, too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Manchester, we lost power about 5pm on Saturday and got it back at 10pm tonight!!! Really Impressed!! However I work at Eastfield Mall 99 and we lost power at 6 pm last night, still now power for the springfield / boston rd arean, although Chicopee and liberty street restaurants had power, I believe that vernon / glastonbury and enfield still have no power. It's been a looong weekend, lots of hungry powerless folks to feed. I'm tired and need to go to bed now!! Be safe everyone!
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've weathered 41 hours without electrical power so far. The temperature inside of our house dropped down to 56 degrees during the night, but is already on the rise, thanks to the sunny skies. Our house has hydronic forced air heating, but there's a big hot water storage tank on the system because my wife has a huge whirlpool tub. There was enough warm water in the tank for warm showers last night and this morning, but I think that we've reached the limit of our ability to handle the outage comfortably.

Does anyone have an estimated time for the restoration of electrical service?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, sorry to hear that Phil, no power really sucks. We only lost our power for about an hour or so late Saturday night. Went all the way work today(the wife and I work in the same ind. park), amd no power in the whole park, so no workie today!!!! Would've liked to have justr stayed in bed LOL. Good luck Phil!!!! Hope you're all set soon. Still might get some boating in this weekend??? I'm not looking forward to ice fishing yet, but our gears ready to go otherwise.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never should have said that I have to get acclimated for ice fishing. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking like up to a week Phil, especially out in your area. Avon/Simsbury got hammered with trees and lines down. Messy ride home from there Sat night!
Flipper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Wed. morning, and I still have no power. Had to go to a hotel and the only one I could find was in Branford! I live in Enfield and work in Holyoke, MA!! WTF!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are aware of an outage affecting your area.
Estimated date and time your power will be restored:   Monday, November 07, 2011 12:00 AM

Only 8-1/2 days to get our power back on? CL&P rocks! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only jumping in on this because it's not all the linemen's fault.........(and my best friend works for UI, lol). They have other companies out in front of them that have to clear the trees out from the lines and roads before they can get in and restore the damaged areas. CL&P currently has 27 other companies in there lending a hand. You'll get it back probably sooner then later, but it's still the most outages our state has ever seen. All the food from our restaurant went to the Simsbury shelter Monday night and helped feed 600 people a warm meal. Metro Bis is on the Simsbury emergency grid, and we don't have power there yet either. Sad
therieldeal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this list might help you guys:

https://www.cl-p.com/stormcenter/estimates/

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdiggy - I know that this situation is also the State's fault for not allowing CL&P to clear vegetation from power lines. This is yet another example of the "penny wise, pound foolish" ways of Northeasterners, which often seem to cross the line from frugal to stupid, at least in this Midwesterner's opinion. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually mostly the homeowners fault for not letting CL&P clear branches from the lines. CL&P can only trim what they need to do maintenance on the lines themselves. It's the homeowners who don't let them clear what they should because they want their trees to look pretty.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what my news-reporter girlfriend told me, the state cut out the tree trimming from the budget for the last ~2 years. so unless something was actually falling on/touching the wires, it didn't get trimmed...

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: