CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: how about a cookout syle event in the sring Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: how about a cookout syle event in the sring Reply with quote

scrapped

Last edited by Johnny Skeeter on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think that would be great, but ask flippy about getting people from this site to commit to and participate in a random pairing tourney. It's like herding cats. Confused

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Haaa!

BUT! ....Mention "Free Food" and they will come ! Laughing

Hi Phil -> Couldn't pass this one up! Laughing -> But your absolutely correct! ...flippy has had tremendous problems getting tourneys filled with people!

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
toptech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draw tourneys never pull attention like non-draw. Most guys want to fish with friends more than people they dont know. If I was a boater I know I would be worried how they will treat my boat and also their skill level in general (obviously I dont mean like are they a pro but...). Thats why when we used to do tournys we made them team tournys with a non-boaters list that if someone needed a partner they could contact someone off the non-boater list and figure out if they are someone they would want to fish with . Turnouts used to be much better. I see what your trying to do and its cool, getting more/new people into tounament fishing is awesome. My first tournament was one that was put on by someone on this site three years ago. I started on the non-boaters list and waited for someone to ask me if I wanted to fish with them. Just my opinion of course.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea as I have a boat to use for the tournament. I was wondering has anyone thought of a kayak/canoe fishing tournament?
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x182dan - Again, flippy tried that last year. He proposed a tourney on Beseck Lake where you'd take a photo of your fish and release it. But I guess that he didn't offer free food. . . . Very Happy

I wouldn't mind a small stakes "honor system" tourney, where we'd each just record the weights of our own fish. Or we could require the nearest boater to paddle over and verify the weight of each fish before it's released. Whatever. If you organize it and I'm free, I'm in. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i am available i will join in, seeing how i have both a real boat, and a canoe, im up for either one.

Definately keep me in mind.
Elixir

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive never really boat fished but I would love to try... LOL! Embarassed
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in for a draw or partner. Recarpeting the boat this weeekend Cool
x182dan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
x182dan - Again, flippy tried that last year. He proposed a tourney on Beseck Lake where you'd take a photo of your fish and release it. But I guess that he didn't offer free food. . . . Very Happy

I wouldn't mind a small stakes "honor system" tourney, where we'd each just record the weights of our own fish. Or we could require the nearest boater to paddle over and verify the weight of each fish before it's released. Whatever. If you organize it and I'm free, I'm in. Very Happy

I would think taking a picture of the fish and a picture of the fish on teh scale should be good enough. I figure we can trust people from this site? I think a small buy in would make it a little more fun. With that said I am down for either tournament if anything happends. It seems like there are so many kayak fisherman these days that maybe that could happen.
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would DEFINETLY have a team tourny,, dont do that teaming up crap,,, IT DOESNT WORK,,,, Especially when people dont show up the day of the tourny to fish with there partner,,Most boaters DO NOT want to have somebody on there boat they dont know,,People all start backing out last minute, then your stuck trying to find another boater or non boater,,,BELIEVE ME,,, I tried everything,,,, even having a kayak tourny,,, it does not happen on this sight,,I do have a few opens this year but will not post them on this sight,,I even have one on the Hudson,, that has been planned since last year,,It is full with 6 teams waiting to hear if somebody backs out,,I am having 4 tournys this year (team) and 2 nights on Candy,, I have made these tournys happen through phone calls to alot of competitors from the past,,Again,, do a team thing,as for this sight and tournys,,,LOL,,, your better off trying to fart,,,, the hole whistle dixie song..,GOODLUCK,,,LOL,,,,,Jim
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only read the 1st and 2nd post but, i am in

basically it think it needs to be planed as quick as possible so that people dont have time to change their minds =P

even though CT is a small state people rather not travel and hour or two to fish a small tourney

maybe we could split the state in half or third

its hard because, there are so many tourneys especially as late spring begins ...

If not maybe I can plan a fish from shore or tin can/kayak/raft get together for my area =)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitting it up with low cost and or honor system sounds pretty cool in my opinion... but still the non boater issue is still there...
Elixir

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could do two differant divisions. Boaters and Non-Boaters. Two tournaments in one. Atleast let the non-boaters stand a chance?
Tmac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yahhhhhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: