CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: 9/17/07 East Hartford Sheriton - Tons of bass boats Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict, don't forget to tell Nick that the Wethersfield Resevoir gates are closed and locked by the parks dept at sunset so don't get caught on the water after sunset or you'll gonna need bolt cutters to get out if they don't come to get you guys off the water.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick here are some directions for you.

Take 91 North to Exit 24(rt 99). Take rt 99 north towards Wethersfeild/Hartford. Take a left on RT 3 West and then take a right at your first light onto prospect street. Stay on prospect for about 2.5 miles. You are going to take a left onto Thornbush – there is a traffic light and a brickhouse for sale on the corner of thornbush and prospect. Go about 1.5 miles down thornbust and the res is on your right. You will see metal gate which is the entrance to the launch. Call me if you get lost 860.881.4062

skeeter, they only lock the get about 25% of the time and if they see cars they will call you off the water. However, there is definitely a chance of getting locked in. Laughing My in laws live about 1/4 mile away - so I could always run to their house and grab some bolt cutters. Very Happy

Justin
MikeHoncho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you guys know. The CT state team won the divisional event on the river Friday. They pulled it all together after two mediocre days. The margin of victory was 20 plus pounds. The team won a TR186 valued at $32k. The team will sell the boat and divide 50% of the $$ collect among it's members. The remaining 50% goes to the Federation. That money will most likely be be budgeted for use with programs dealing with the environment, youth organizations and the likewise.
The winner (or top finisher) from each state team (from around the country for that matter) is invited to fish the Federation National championship at a site TBD in early November. He'll fly or drive out to the body of water, be supplied with a Triton boat, get fed and lodged, prefish for two days only and finally compete for three days. The winner of each respective division goes on to compete in the classic. Not a bad deal that starts with joining a local club............ Sometimes prizes ain't measured in cash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: