CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak Fishing Club Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Kayak Fishing Club Reply with quote

Due to the large amount of people on here with kayaks wanted to see if anyone was interested in starting a CT Kayak Fishing Club. We could hold tournaments and such. Let me know if it sounds good. Kayak tourneys are becoming popular and fun. Check out http://www.sjkbfc.com/ as an example of what one club does. Not looking for anything having to do with money, but since the sport is getting big might as well see what we could do in CT and where we cant take it.

Well let me know and if it sounds good I will tell Phil to get it set up. Wink

Last edited by Mase2020 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in this myself. I already fish in some tourny's in my bass boat, so this would be cool as well.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in, 100%
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Kayak Fishing Club Reply with quote

Mase2020 wrote:
Well let me know and if it sounds good I will tell Phil to get it set up. Wink

I'm not much of an organizer or a joiner, Alan. Wink I already have enough commitments. My life doesn't allow for a rigid schedule, so I'm more of a "wing it" kind of guy.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more informal CTFishTalk paddling get-togethers with lunker pools and cookouts, though. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kayak Fishing Club Reply with quote

Well Phil what I had in mind is what you described. A few get together tourneys even if just for bragging rights. No commitments, just a bunch of guys who share the same passion for fishing.

You have to be in you have the more kayaks than anyone Shocked. Or are you one of those new boater types now Rolling Eyes Wink Anyway all would be welcome to participate CLUB thing would be just to say we have members and maybe get people to donate or sponsor (ie fish stores) prizes and such.

Last edited by Mase2020 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To those who have responded thanks: if you have any ideas let me know was thinking if we could get at least 20 people interested and 10 plus to tourneys then that would be great. Was thinking of trying to get three tourneys set up for this year. Catch, measure, photo, release, highest length wins. Could do prize for longest as well and even do the Skeeter bass format with hourly winners, but can start simple first.

If anyone has any lakes or ponds that they suggest let me know. Prefer ones with a launch or area where we could hang out and and figure out the winners and such and maybe have a cookout. Also lakes that wont be as busy on weekends with pleasure boaters. Anyone have an idea on what would be a good start and stop time as well let me know. Thanks Mase
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batterson Park Pond after Opening Day weekend would be great. The pond is big enough to handle a bunch of kayak fishermen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Batterson Park Pond after Opening Day weekend would be great. The pond is big enough to handle a bunch of kayak fishermen.

Noted Phil. Wait a minute I feel home court advantage there for someone. Laughing
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mase2020 wrote:
PECo wrote:

Noted Phil. Wait a minute I feel home court advantage there for someone. Laughing

Yeap, for TurtleKiss (aka Kira). Laughing She got two five pounders out of there last Spring! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Peco was gonna recommend Batterson! Laughing He's the only one who ever seems to have good luck there. Very Happy
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batterson would be cool,
And how about something central like Middletown, Silver Lake/Crystal Lake?
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastieyaker wrote:
Batterson would be cool,
And how about something central like Middletown, Silver Lake/Crystal Lake?

Funny you should mention that, I was just thinking about places and since people on here are from all over CT it would only be fair that each body of water was in a different part of the state.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should fish Pachaug Pond for a northern pike lunker. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigelow hollow for kayakers, they stock trout and have assorted other fish in there and Mashapaug again, kayakers and boaters...not a popular spot for pleasure boaters at mashapaug..has restrictions and such..then again, I fish from shore so we should have a shore fishing contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: