CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Boat on saugatuck reservoir Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReservoirDog wrote:
one of the reason why i love the SAUGY people give up on it. Last season and early this spring i had to deal with a group of guys that would show up way to early in the morning and set up camp and fish the causeway all day. Never saw them catch anything and they never came back... You'll see the same cars there all the time and you know those guys are catching fish.
A. they figured it out
B. they put in THEIR TIME

it took hundreds of hours for me to break that double digit walleye down there in 2010 at 12.2lbs never giving up on my spot it has produced for many times and few other spot along valley forge.

Fish slip floats and weights on the bottom and throw heavy metals..

Link
Whenever I drive by there I always look for you haha. You sure do deserve those fish.

I might be wrong but.. You need a permit to fish the Saugatuck reservoir which I think is $30 or so, NO ice fishing, I think the fishing season closes Nov 31st on there and then opens third Saturday of April the next year, The res also closes at 9 or 9:30pm each day and you can only fish one side of the res. There is a bunch of other rules on there so make sure to check before you go because the rangers patrol the res very well some are forgiving some aren't.

I think my favorite time on there is when they lower the water very very low in the fall before the ice begins to form. The island in the middle is out of water and accessible from land, you can see all the BIG boulders on the shores. Its a pretty cool place just to hike the shore and venture around. I feel like the res has the most different species even though they don't say it in the guide.
moose444

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Permit is $25 for season and $5 per day...the rest of the rules you mentioned are pretty spot on but I think the season goes into December if weather allows. As you said a beautiful lake just to walk and take in scenery and nature...That said a big fat brown trout does put a smile on my face!
ReservoirDog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

res is open from Opening day till the end of December or fisrt ice which ever comes first. There are a ton of rules and the aquarion guys do enforce them. Unfortunately i havent seen much of them talking to one the guys we know pretty well and it sounds like there were some cut backs. I could have used them down there a few times.
moose444

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on that...I like the Aquarian guys. As long as you are cool with the rules they are cool with you...it is a shame if they did cut back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: