CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Snuck In Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfinder1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little odd that Michael will condone sneaking in places to fish but will jump all over people for holding a fish wrong or complain about the slime coat ... relax dude
rmflint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poaching and trespassing aren't necessarily bs laws. I do think the two laws apply to certain situations much better than others which is why warnings exist! Really the only reason I voiced my opinions was because it angers me that we always feel the need to tell Michael what he already probably knows, especially given the title of his post. With a title like that I would say he doesn't need to be told that he wasn't necessarily supposed to be fishing there.

I also sort of probably gave off the vibe that I enjoy poaching/trespassing, well that is not the case. I barely get to fish as it is and if I do its usually just my local ponds which lie on "Wallingford free space" meaning I am allowed to be there and if I do get the urge to fish a golf course I fish Wallingford Country Club where I am a member and am allowed to do so. However, I do understand the appeal of illegal or private bodies of water, which is why I can understand why someone would be driven to trespass/poach. In fact, checking out these illegal fishing locations is something that has always eluded me and I often wonder how much fun it really is. I wouldn't personally risk losing my $700 setup and my $300 setup so you won't catch me hopping any fences to fish private or illegal bodies of water. I am deterred not because of the fact that it is wrong, but because I have too much to lose; my gear, my bank account, my pride, etc. I really could care less if someone sneaks into a reservoir and catches a few bass. I won't praise someone who catches an 8lber in an illegal reservoir since that's basically the equivalent of cheating, but I don't care if they do because its probably a lot of fun. Although this outlook changes if the individual fishing is keeping the fish. I really don't believe in keeping fish because that actually effects the fishery.

After speaking with a professional fisherman/guide down in Florida on Lake O my outlook on these fenced in reservoirs was completely changed. He thought it was an outrage that we weren't allowed to fish in a reservoir that is maintained by our tax money. Not only this, but because of these reservoirs I am left with very few decent local fisheries. The one decent body of water I had is shore access only and was completely drained about 4 or 5 years ago which destroyed the fishery. I think the DEEP should have done a bit more to preserve the aquatic life, but clearly little to nothing was done. I really don't think I should have to drive 30 minutes out of my way to have a decent fishing experience when there is great potential in my local bodies of water.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just say that Lake Saltonstall does it right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmflint - correct me if I'm wrong. You attend UCONN, correct? They have a biology department currently in the process of a 15 year study of Bass Fishing! I've attended several seminars which the UCONN Biologist gave presentations.

You should talk with them.

You would have a whole different opinion on "Poaching, Fenced In Reservoirs and Keeping Fish." Bass Management Lakes" ect.

Slot Limits and Creel Limits actually improve the fishery so keeping fish helps. fenced in reservoirs are designed to keep bacteria from humans and invasive species out of the water body. Fenced in reservoirs are usually related directly to human water consumption. It only takes one person with hepatitis to infect a population. That's only one of many communicable diseases.

No disrespect intended here but you should do a little research before you post those long rebuttals. There are quite a few in here much more knowledgeable and speaking on experience, than you.

We put the time in to find out why. You should to. You have the resources right at your finger tips.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: