CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Shelton Stripers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
no fish in housy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for spotburning guys...no wonder why thier has been 300 people fighting for the same fish...you want to post ure success thats great but leave your location out of it...all ure doin is ruining the spot for the regulars that spend time on the river.i dont appreciate having newbies casting over my head and crossing my line.to settle the arguement thier is no herring in the upper river...anyone with a boat has the advantage now.
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not that serious...relax and enjoy life.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up, I really do not want to start a cascade of criticism on anyone. It is great that people are willing to share information, but as I said,It was a respectfully submitted suggestion to keep things a little more low key. Besides, if everyone knows where to go, there will be no one scouting for other new and changing opportunities.

This site does not have, or if it does it does not enforce any spot burning policy other than some arcane notes about GPS coordinates which are pretty irrelevant to surf fishing, so we have to police ourselves. The people with boats are already protected by that policy of this site. Really should be the other way around, no?

It may not seem like too much of a big deal as on this site their are only a small number of members, but I know of another site with 30,000 members where it is common knowledge to come here for specific locations because it is not allowed there and any specific locations are deleted by the site management.. 30,000.......and that does not include viewers of both who are not members.
SD

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I saw lots of herring on Friday up by the dam. If you didn't see the actual herring you saw quite a few cormorants working the water and pulling them out.

2. Nothing for nothing, guys, but are the dam and O'Sullivan's really anyone's secret spots at this point? Posts or no posts there will a dozen or so people lining the shore. Fortunately, I have found that this year in particular almost everyone is fishing with some civility. People are moving away when there is a hook up, casting in tandem and not jumping over each other to get to the same spot. Some days it has been like a party boat with a very seasoned group of fishermen.
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my humble opinion, if you have been fishing in ct long enough you know that the fish are in the river this time year anyway. The information that you get will be the same information you will get from some of the bait shops. I dont feel anyone can but a stake in the ground at any paticluar location and claim it as there own and get upset if someone says something about it or the details thereof.

Can anyone truly say if they go to a spot that has people there they will say i wish i was at work or I wish i was at home doing nothing? Enjoy your fishing and just relax.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
no fish in housy

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
in my humble opinion, if you have been fishing in ct long enough you know that the fish are in the river this time year anyway. The information that you get will be the same information you will get from some of the bait shops. I dont feel anyone can but a stake in the ground at any paticluar location and claim it as there own and get upset if someone says something about it or the details thereof.

Can anyone truly say if they go to a spot that has people there they will say i wish i was at work or I wish i was at home doing nothing? Enjoy your fishing and just relax.

never said the spot was mine...u shouldnt just give up information so easily...if i see you on the river putting your time in and not catching i will give you advise to help you out and my freinds can vouch for that...someone that is just chasing reports shouldnt be able to get this info so easily...shelton tom ill be glad to send the newbies that been crossing my line everyday next to you.
striperswiper

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find it interesting that SheltonTom reports tons of herring there Friday and my report from there on Friday would be that there were no herring at the dam. Very odd.
There really are no secret spots on the Housy anymore. But no need to post specifics for all the lurkers to have easy access to. This thread must have over 500 views by now, and maybe 15 people found time to reply....
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, my plan to displace reports by instigating in fighting worked...Not

Was just trying to inform a few people who were perhaps not aware of how many people read these posts. X bait, at Y location, at Z time of day = recipe for a bad idea......tried to do it without anyone needing to be offended.....

Apologies.

And Yes...I would rather fish an unproductive spot in peace or just stay home than know that the hot spots are always crowded all of the time whenever the fish are there. The point of keeping low key is that...today it is your day because you timed it right , tomorrow may be mine.

It will never work if it is everyones day every day.
SD

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot burning even being brought up about the dam and o'sullivans makes you look stupid and ridiculous. It's the Housatonic river in May there's going to be people in every PUBLIC spot that's well known. Buy a boat if you have a problem with it
LUNKERBASSERFISHING

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught 6 keepers above the damm. THERE , I JUST FIXED THE PROBLEM.
YOU WILL HAVE BELOW THE DAMM ALL TO YOURSELF.
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any one of the people here could have already been the nice guy next to you... or the person who helps you out if you need hand... or already has.
Are you sure belligerence and insults are the best way to proceed?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Duck wrote:
Are you sure belligerence and insults are the best way to proceed?

Yeah! Stick with selfishness and childishness. Rolling Eyes

This reads like an ice fishing thread. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KissMyBass wrote:
Spot burning even being brought up about the dam and o'sullivans makes you look stupid and ridiculous. It's the Housatonic river in May there's going to be people in every PUBLIC spot that's well known. Buy a boat if you have a problem with it

Agreed! Excellent point!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody has to chill out we all know that spot (don't want to say the name)
Is usually a madhouse comparable to under the light at montauk in October
It really isn't a secret.
Most of the sharpies don't even fish there they go to the other hundred spots nearby. Most of the newbies generally start there they do not know anything else.
One thing I did notice unlike montauk everyone is friendly full of info and the etiquette is pretty good
no fish in housy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KissMyBass wrote:

it was meant as since people seen this post thier will be 2-3x the amount of people thier this week...no spot on the river is a secret but noone should be giving away spots where they caught fish...its just easyier for the report chasers to all end up at one location instead of being spread out accross a few spots doing thier own leg work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: