CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Shelton Stripers Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KissMyBass

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Shelton Stripers Reply with quote

Any reports of any sizeable fish being caught by O'Sullivans and the dam? Been quite a bit and have only seen a few 28"-32" being landed. Whole bunch of herring! The numbers are kind of ridiculous
striperswiper

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen much herring the past couple days. I think the run is over and they are dropping back out.
ny to ct

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The herring have not spawned and there were some moving back upriver this evening. The rain Thursday and friday must have pushed them down.
Also heard there were a couple of fish caught upriver earlier this evening.
LUNKERBASSERFISHING

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by LUNKERBASSERFISHING on Tue May 13, 2014 7:16 am; edited 7 times in total
stripertime

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of herring at the dam the bluebacks r just starting to come in now I have been there 2 times in the past week and got keepers each time up to 31in it's all about what you are using and with this warm weather the bass should be moving in heavy now

Ps the best bite is after dark on big swimmers and darters Cool
striperswiper

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I am having different experiences than others. I have not seen signs of herring up there in about a week. Maybe a sporadic piece of bait from time to time but I don't consider a couple herring to be a sign of bait. Maybe they will come back, but I am doubtful they will.
stripertime

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striperswiper there is tens of thousands of herring at the dam now and just as many up the naugy you must not be looking hard enough go there at low tide when they are not pumping water you will see all the herring
striperswiper

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripertime: When was the last time they were not running water over the dam? I would say that was about 10-14 days ago. Ever since that big rain a couple weeks back there has been water coming over that dam; at the very least 4500 cffs. Even when they say they have stopped flowing at Stevenson dam; there is still a steady stream of water coming over the dam. I am not sure when you found a time at low tide where they weren't running water.
dunkercrusher28

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: agree with striperswiper Reply with quote

every time ive been there in last 2 weeks have not seen 1 herring and water has been pounding over.
KissMyBass

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk what you guys are talking about cuz there are tons of herring near the dam
stripertime

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not easy to see when the water is pumping take a ride over to the naugy and you should see them better and if you go to the dam at first light the flow should be much lower if low is that time you will see tons of herring.
striperswiper

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we just will have to agree to disagree on whether or not they are there.
ny to ct

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did move out end of last week they dispersed and seemed scattered Right now.

Last edited by ny to ct on Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
Everyone knows there are herring and bass in the vicinity. Its generous for you to be sharing information but maybe back off specific times of day and where to be at sunset on a falling tide with a west wind....
Your choice of course but I used to like to fish some spots locally but if everyone goes to the same place at the same time, not only will it be increasingly un fishable, but puts the entire location at risk of being closed to all....forever. Plenty of spots scattered about for everyone to try but if we all end up at the same spot at the same time it will not go well for anyone.
Either way, plenty of nice fish for everyone if we spread out and maybe pm our friends with the real specifics.
Hope it goes well for all of us.
Respectfully,
SD

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys must love fishing in a crowd? I cannot understand why you would want to give out the exact location and the best time to fish it! Do you realize what happens when people read these forums? Hmmm I wonder why there are so many out of state cars in the parking lot! You are only making it harder for yourselves to catch more fish!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: