CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Shelton Stripers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funniest thing about this thread is all the people posting who don't want their spot "blown up" keep posting and putting this thread to the top of the list of threads which actually causes more people to look at it... Laughing
anointed130

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1081 views and counting Laughing

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just drive around til you find 15 cars at one spot . Fish there ...

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
The funniest thing about this thread is all the people posting who don't want their spot "blown up" keep posting and putting this thread to the top of the list of threads which actually causes more people to look at it... Laughing

Ouch! The Truth Hurts! That goes for the next posts that follow yours!

Nice!

The Dam will be shoulder to shoulder tomorrow!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the amday on the Erbyday side this morning and didn't catch anything. One hit and one swipe.

That should keep people from piling up there tomorrow.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheltonTom wrote:
I was at the amday on the Erbyday side this morning and didn't catch anything. One hit and one swipe.

That should keep people from piling up there tomorrow.

Try the Tonshel side with erdiitewh pto erstaw. Gumbubble and eci goslugs! Wieghted and un detghiwi. erwat nedes ot ingowfl.

If ya can figure that out you deserve to clean the pond. Try the lure in the photo I sent you. It's been doing quite well but timing and patience is everything.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone having any luck using cut bait or sand worms on the river? I see a lot of top action but curious to know if anyone is having luck down below.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: spot burning Reply with quote

You spot burning boys need lighten up. Its the Housontonic river in May, Fisherman magazine made that damn and its surroundings a rock star many years ago. You want to beat the crowds play in the shadows of a moonless drizzling night, lots of room. Don't be crying in the sunshine at noon with a newbie throwing in YOUR spot LOL . Lighten up and have fun, Like we say in Montauk "enjoy the moment" soon it will be December and then THE BRIDGES oh no I spot burned! LOL . Laughing
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Wanna Fish on Mon May 19, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I might as well post the picture! Belly was full of shad!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Sea Duck wrote:
Are you sure belligerence and insults are the best way to proceed?

Yeah! Stick with selfishness and childishness. Rolling Eyes

This reads like an ice fishing thread. Laughing

Peco, I f you would please read through my posts in this thread you will see I have done no name calling, issued no personal insults or condemnations of anyone.
I simply suggested that a few guys, who may or may not have been experienced with how very specific information might lead to a proliferation of people in one single spot. As I said, if we all rotate around to where we all know the fish might be at any given time, their will be room for everyone. As I also said previously, if we keep just a little low key about exactly which stretch of the river at a specific tide is producing fish, we will all have good days, as well as some skunkings.

Your personal condemnations and insults are pretty uncalled for.
Pleas quote something I wrote that even resembles a mean spirited attack or condemnation of anyone and I will be happy to apologize.
SD

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best fishing experience I've ever had was helping someone else hook up. I think at the end of the day we can all agree that some of us want others to enjoy the experiences fishing offers and others feel a much greater sense of entitlement. Though I understand space, I just don't understand hindering someone ambitious enough to ask questions, seek answers, and look to gain knowledge in hopes of finding some decent fish. I can't speak for everyone but I catch and release with the intent of having the same fish I caught find your hook someday.

If someone wants to share their knowledge, they should. If you want to keep yours bottled up, then you should. Refereeing the situation is just selfish.

Now let's go fishing!!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WannaFish- that's a nice Bass! Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you catch a hundred more.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreshSaltAnyone? wrote:
The best fishing experience I've ever had was helping someone else hook up. I think at the end of the day we can all agree that some of us want others to enjoy the experiences fishing offers and others feel a much greater sense of entitlement. Though I understand space, I just don't understand hindering someone ambitious enough to ask questions, seek answers, and look to gain knowledge in hopes of finding some decent fish. I can't speak for everyone but I catch and release with the intent of having the same fish I caught find your hook someday.

If someone wants to share their knowledge, they should. If you want to keep yours bottled up, then you should. Refereeing the situation is just selfish.

Now let's go fishing!!

Thanks,
You have no idea how many people I, or anyone else here has directed towards a good bite, or how many times I have lent assistance to strangers by helping find a plug, land a fish, carry their gear, And I pulled a guy from the water.... in December once as well.
I made a suggestion to some people, in the most repectful way, and if you want to go read the post I said , "your choice of course? so I merely made a suggestion for which I have been called stupid, selfish. childish , and god knows what else.
So, Pile on i Guess, guess there is a shortage of people to beat on this week.
Thanks,

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Duck- if I offended you, my apologies. Last thing I came on here to do was trouble anyone. Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: