CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tourney input wanted. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats with all the talk about Bolton...you realize its a 6HP limit there right. Not sure how keen people are going to be about a trolling motor only tournament on a lake with NO big fish.... I GREAT day for most there will be 5 fish for 7lbs. If someone breaks 10lbs it will be a miracle.

Whatever time they are people will show up, whats the difference between 5 and 6??? NOTHING really.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty,

the nice thing about Lower bolton's 6HP limit, is no God Damn jet ski's and power boats! It's just a peaceful day on the water with plenty of fish. Sure there are not many big fish, but there are plenty of 1 to 2 lbers. if you know where to find them. I can run my trolling motor all day wind or no wind without any problems, you also save a little gas not running the outboard.

Did I mention there are no God Damn jet ski's!

Nick, What topwater bite? In my opinion, the last 4 years have been piss poor for me as far as a topwater bite, sure I've caught some, but not like it was 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong, I love a great topwater bite as much as anybody, it's the most exciting way to fish in my opinion, but i think the fish have become more conditioned to topwater baits of all kinds. I'd rather have the extra hours sleep, and catch them deep.

Count me out for any night tournaments, I can't function for 2 days after doing a night tournament, it screws up my internal clock like mad.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New to the site but would be up to fish the $40.00 per boat sounds good and 5 fish limit
toptech

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started fishing bolton this year but I like it....Have had some productive days there...There may not be a lot of big fish but most people will prolly fill the 5 fish limit which is better than you can say for a lot of places.

As far as the rules that you want Mark...have at it...its your tourney and you can make it how you want. Its not like you are the only one that can pull a permit so if someone doesnt like your rules then they can pull a permit themselves or not fish yours....Not tryin to sound rude just the way I feel.

P.S....Thankyou for pulling the permits and setting up the tourneys that you do.

Tim
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with toptech, almost everybody in every tournament I have fished at Lower Bolton, brings in a 5 fish limit, and usually there are a couple fish over 3 lbs. weighted in with the mix. There are bigger fish than that in there, but you don't see them that often.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry guys but i have to disagree...ive fished Bolton PLENTY of times and never without pulling in at least 10-15 bass over 12 inches. While everyone would have a limit, doesnt it get boring to know that the best case scenario is a 3lb fish?????

To each his own, but i would rather fish the entire day and get one bite, but have it be a 7lb fish than catch 100 12' fish in a day.....

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry,..Dusty never shows for the tournies anyway!! Razz Razz Razz Razz
Dusty

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have one east of the river, not counting Mansfield,.....id be glad to take the $$$

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to,..but most places on the east side were already booked for June 21st. There will be some definitely in July & August though and we'll all be anxious to see you win! Mr. Green

ps: I know what you're hinting at,...but if you want a tourney at Crystal, you'll have to book it yourself! Wink
Dusty

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA...i wish, parking is too tight to have one there.

Plenty of lakes East of the River:

Mashapaug, Amos, Pachaug, Beach, Long, moodus (UPPER) lower is a toilet, Pickerel

How about Congamond??? Highland???

I am pretty booked up as far as tournies go, and i cant get to many of them. I have a touney every Tuesday, Wed evening, Thurs evening, Sat and Sun for the entire month of june so i most likely wont make any CTFT tounies during June.

BUUUT, to ensure i wont be at any have them at : GARDNER, MANSFIELD, COVENTRY, POWERS.

THOSE ARE THE 4 BIGGEST TOILETS IN THE STATE...STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I would rather be catching 12 to 14 inch fish all day, than to struggle all day and get 1 bite, it makes for a long boring day even if it is a 7lber.

HHMMMMMMMMMM!

I seem to remember a Tin Can Tournament, EAST of the river on Long Pond, I got lost trying to find the lake as I had never fished it before, and I was the only person to weigh in a 5 fish limit, and as I remember there was only 1 other keeper weighed in by another angler, and you caught how many keepers that day? 000

I suppose now that I've refreshed your memory, you want to add Long Pond to your Mansfield Hollow list?

By the way, I'm only busting your chops, not meant to tick you off, this is just to much fun for me. LOL

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an off day for Long pond, earlier that year there was a tournament there with 9 fish over 5 lbs weighed in for the 8 boats. how many times you see that at Bolton?

yea, we dissagree on the 12' fish thing....i dont fish for bass that size, EVER. If im throwing something its targeting bass over 4 lbs, everything else id rather not deal with Smile

ANYWAY, i thought you moved away??????

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's plenty of big fish in Bolton. I think it's a good example of how the DEP's Bass Management program is working out. I've seen a bunch of high 3's, a handful of 4's and even a couple of 5's come out of there in the last 2+ years. The problem with a tourney there is it's size. IMHO, stick with water over 250 acres, especially for a 7 hour tourney.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree that it was an off day for Long Pond, I have heard of some huge sacks coming from there as well. You also have to fish the conditions, and get on the right pattern if the big girls aren't cooperating. Some days a 5 fish limit of 1 lbers. on a finesse bite will take a check, when everybody else is power fishing and coming up empty.

I don't fish for fish that size on purpose either, but sometimes that's all you get, especially at Lower Bolton, and I do like the lack of jet ski's there.

Yes I moved, but from the west end of Hartford to a nice quiet area in Newington. Hartford would never have been a choice for me, but my wife lived there her whole life, and was given a 3 family home in an ok area, so financially it was ok for a temp. thing. I couldn't wait to get out, love Newington, total 360 degree flip.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

message deleted

Last edited by Johnny Skeeter on Sat May 31, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: