CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tourney input wanted. Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Tourney input wanted. Reply with quote

A couple of things I'm thinking about,..but I'm open for suggestions:

- Bantam, Gardner, and Lower Bolton,.....several tournies at each one.
- Going back to the 5-fish limit
- 5AM until noon
- Lower entry fees ($20) and winner-take-all format.

Like I said, I'm just thinking about these things,..so if you've got any strong feelings about them (either way..) please let me know!
Cool
brennan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark:

Lakes on your list are good...Rogers maybe?

I would prefer a 6 AM start just due to travel at 5 am.....If 5 am is to beat recreational trafffic, then sign me up Wink

5 fish limit is better than 3 IMO

I like the 40 bucks/boat and pay the first 2 or 3 spots.

Sooner the better....Haven't been in one since powers.....

Later,
Brennan
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I like the higher entry fee's $30 to $50 also with payout for 2 or 3 spots, no lunker payout. I would rather pay the money to those who can catch a full 5 fish limit, than 1 lucky fool who catches a 5lber. and has nothing else to go with it.

If I'm gonna tow my rig to any lake, with these fuel prices, I want to fish all day.

For me, any lakes are good, as long as they are not too far East or West.

I like the 5 fish limits, but 3 fish limits in the heat of the summer are always a good idea, as to cut down on the fish kills.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't go wrong with Bantam or Gardner.

I think a 6am start is best. 5 is a little bit to early.

6-2pm Wink
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5am is good for me. I can be home early!!!! I also like a 5 fish limit with no lunker paying 1st and 2nd unless we have more than 10 boats. Less than 7 boats only pay 1st place only. Oh yeah, I will fish anywhere!!!!! Very Happy
Just4fun

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll collect comments for a while longer but here's what it looks like as of now:

- 5-fish limits ( I was hoping to see some bigger fish with the 3-fish limits but that hasn't really worked out)
- $40 per boat stays the same. (I was thinking that $20 less was about what it would cost most folks in gas and would encourage more participation)
- 5AM until noon. Just cause they're my tournies and I like getting home early enough to still get something done that day! And I also like fishing before the rec. boaters emerge! Anyone is free to just beach their boat for the weigh-in then go back out later if 7 hours of fishing is not enough for them!
- Payouts: 5 boats or less = winner take all, 6-8 boats = pay 1st & 2nd, 9and up = pay 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
- We'll see how the fishing goes at Bolton,..if people are catching fish there, then fine,...if not, then we can try somewhere else! I like the idea of hitting the same lakes multiple times though. It lets everyone learn the lake a little better if they are not that familiar with them to begin with!
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like a 6am start to 2pm, 5am start is way to early,mark i dont think you see all the pleasure boats out like in the past because of the high gas prices,just look at bantam on the last event that was a holiday weekend and i didnt many & the ramp & parking lot was empty!!$20 per person if you are a single boater you pay $20,$40 per team boater & non-boater.the payouts sound fine in your last post.i like bantam,gardner,highland,ct.river haddam late summer. Rolling Eyes
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

& a 5 fish limit sounds good to me Very Happy
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thin everyone pays the same by yourself or not,if you are going to collect you should pay what everyone else does. I also like 6am starts 5 is just a bit early for my tastes. bolton,river and gardner sound nice.5 fish is the best,anyone can get luck in a three fish t with one big-un and two rats and win,5 fish evens it out some.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Johnny on the entry fee, wether you fish with a partner or by yourself, the entry fee should be the same.

If someone fishing by themselves wins, do they only get half the pot, because they only paid half as much of an entry fee? If not, then all entry fees, in my opinion, should be the same $40 per boat with 2 man teams max.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree one price per boat.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely $40 per boat,...however I don't care how many people you want to have in your boat! My tournies are all about getting together and having some fun, fishing with friends!
So I'm pretty sure that anything more than 2 people would start to hinder your chances of winning, but if someone thinks it would be more fun to have 4 people in the boat,..then it's fine by me!
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong with a 5am start? You guys dont like a topwater bite????? Im totally down for the 5-12 or whatever you decide mark.

Can we get a gardner tourney going within 3weeks?
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a night tourney????? Very Happy
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont need a 5am start for a topwater bite..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: