CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing
Viewing Topic: CT Ice Conditions -- Report Ice Here! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pond in harwinton had a little less then I was told- 3 -31/2in of solid clear ice. Heard 5inches in the first arm of wood creek
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a website out there, maybe dep, that monitors the depth of ice on lakes around CT?
Big M

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wood creek has 5 to 6 inches as of Saturday, December 8th
Big M

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

west twin has about an inch of ice and slush all over with big open spots

east twin - bring a boat

^ as of Saturday, December 8th
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering if anybody has been up to black pond in woodstock to give an ice report. I think myself and a bunch of other people may go there sat. so if no body knows I will let everybody know when I check it out.
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful senko, all that snow isn't making ice unfortunately. The 48 hours of 40 degree weather didnt help either...

Silver lake, berlin/meriden 1 1/2inch- rotted shoreline as of noon today
Route 9 pond berlin 1/4 open..... No idea how. Anyone ice fish this place?

Might be a week before we see some solid ice below the northwest corner of the state. Be careful- you guys know im usually balls to the wall out there but it doesnt look like il be risking it this weekend unless im further north.

Tightlines
Bigpapa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nick can you give me the directions to Wood Creek I want to venture out and try this place. Do you have any suggestions or tips for this place?
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks nick we are gonna go check it out first thing in morning.I will let you guys know what we find out.
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigpapa- go to mapquest.com and click directions and fiull in your home and wood creek lake in norfolk.

As far as location on that lake- JUST move if you dont get hit in 30 minutes on a flag, move it! I drill 60+ holes by hand on a day trip and usually dont have time to jig between moving traps and tending flags. Think of it this way, do you sit down hunkered in one spot all day in the open water?
Bigpapa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx nick I know how it works with ice fishin and all. I'm use to fishin in slow areas especially for trout. I only seem to fish for bass and perch on the ice because they are easier then to me. I will take your advice in consideration, you know the place better than I do. I will fish it with shinners probably mediums. What is the max depth on that lake. Am I aloud to use a gas drill or does it have to be a manual one.
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scoville res- 4-5in in front of the ramp 2.5inches back in the big bay 12/17
beavers pond-5in by shore 3in further out 12/17
beseck lake- 6in by shore in the cove 3-4in further out 12/17

Heard of 4in+ on wethersfield cove
Heard of 3-4in on bantam south cove
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If fishing the Wethersfield cove stay away from the middle. The middle of the res is spring fed and the middle ice almost never thickens if it freezes at all. Stay on the edges.

I fell in while ice skating there when I was younger. The temp had been in single digits for 3 weeks +, so I assumed the whole thing would be frozen solid. I was skating across the ice and fell in right through the middle lake.It was scary as hell, I fell right to the bottom. I had my headphones on blasting Black Sabbath which sounded crazy under water.I was lucky to have friend at the shore that saw me fall in that helped get me out. My friend had to lay on his stomach and held my hockey stick so I could pull myself out. I was trying to get out but the ice kept crack around the edges and would fall right back in.

Every couple of years you hear of people ice fishing there and they fall in the middle. Be careful all.

Justin
mikenice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: first trip out this year. Reply with quote

i went out for the first time this year, went to black pond in meriden and had a little bit of luck. got a few yellow perch. and a rainbow along with a brown. no size to any of them except the perch looked like a football. plan on going tomarrow,not sure were yet but its on. black pond in meriden has 2inches of good black ice and 2 to 3 inches of snowy ice .
Nitrolmic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF this site is to work.. it be nice to see that we update our post...... Confused
tommy tuna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped at Colebrook Res on the way up to our camp. Half of the lake is wide open and it looked like a scene out of jaws with the fog being so thick. I'm sure that didn't help things either. The smaller ponds in Becket Mass had ice with alot of water on top. Didn't have the auger to check the thickness though.
Happy new year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: