CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Ice out tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NON BOATERS, just a little note on fishing on somebody elses boat PLEASE be careful, these rigs are very expensive, so if your a smoker, and want to smoke(cigarettes), ask! try not to bring so many rods and tacklebags that you cant move, Be careful with hooks ,they love seats. Some of these fish scents stain carpeting. Just be careful, these guys take alot of pride in their boats, so respect that,
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish iwas fishing wit u jokers this weekend,,checked out my company pond today....at dusk..fish shaloow everywhere......!!! Good luck..and flippy is right about the boat thing..nothing worse than cleaning your boat and then having it trashed by a non boater...thats why i fish with the same guy 75% of the time...
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Flippy.

Just finished all my prep work. I am sofa king excited.

I will be traveling from Wethersfield, which means I will be doing a straight shot down the Berlin Turnpike. I am taking PDcrack with me but if anyone else wants to jump in my rig, pm me, I can scoop you up at Dicks or walmart. Both lots will be safe to leave your car there for the day. If you are on my way, please take me up on my offer, I have room for another two guys with tackle (jeep commander). Remember the permit only allows for 12 vehicles, the more people that car pool together, the less we will have to monkey around in the morning.

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys must have hardwood larger than a "Louisville Slugger", except for you Turtle kiss. With the projected air temperature to be 74 degrees, and water temps near 50 degrees. You anglers must be stoked.

This being the first tournament of the season for most or all of you........

Who will not sleep well tonight?

Who will be so nervous they need to Immodium up because they have the shits? Shocked

Who will forget their sunglasses or their fishing license?

Who will forget to bring the "Mega Strike"? You can only use that stuff in tournaments you know! Shocked

Who will forget to take the straps off their boat before dropping the trailer in the water?

Who will forget to put their drain plug in before dropping the boat in the water?

I can't wait to hear the nitty gritty!!!! Very Happy Cool

Be careful out there guys, I hear those swans have a thing for anglers wearing thongs! Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gar-own-tee I will forget my sunglasses.....I always do. I was up till 1:30 setting up gear and trying to fit all the new gear that i have bought over the winter into my tackle bag. All I have to do tonight is tie on the stuff Im plannin on throwin based on the weather forcast. Im super stoked.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who will forget to take the straps off their boat before dropping the trailer in the water?

Who will forget to put their drain plug in before dropping the boat in the water? "

lol, you know some will:)

Justin
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Slimey,....

First time I put my boat in the water last season,...I was cranking for well over a minute before I finally realized I had to squeeze the priming bulb first!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do we got for a start time?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8am is launch

everyone is getting there early to sign papers, co anglers put their stuff in the boaters boats and make sure parking is set
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure we'll get under way earlier then that anyways as long as we get our shit in order.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Sniper wrote:
what im saying is that there is nothing wrong with a cheap rod...... I believe a rod can make all the difference in the world in keeping a fish on the line and landing a fish, but you can still catch fish on a cheap rod...thats all. If I had the money to spend on expensive Rods to replace the ones I had I would, but since then ive come to realize that Shakespear makes a hell of a rod for under $40....

I have 2 Shaksespeare rods, and I think they're great once the reel is changed and the line is switched to Spiderwire. They cast well. I've been through a lot of rods too...many were victims of door and tailgate accidents. I also prefer the 2-piece design because I have limited space in my truck. My gear stays safe and dry in the passenger seat.

EVERYONE - Have fun tomorrow! I'll be fishing from shore on unofficial business, full of jealousy, but still super excited about the nice weather and watching my future "competition" in action. Smile Please come introduce yourself if you have a chance. My mom will be joining me at some point too.

I will be travelling through Newington center from around the Elmwood area if anyone needs a ride.

I grabbed 6 nightcrawlers out of my lawn last night, and I'm gonna sneak up on a few more now.

If anyone wants photos from the event, just ask...I always carry a camera with me.

One last thing....if anyone has any extra non-expired flares, fire extinguishers, etc. they can spare, I'm accepting donations...I'm gonna be a "legit" (yet poor) boater in 2-3 weeks. Smile

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kira!

FYI !

There are minimum safety equipment requirements for your size vessel!
Check with or call a DEP boating officer first before you go and spend more money for equipment that you may not actually need!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really tough fishing today guys.... Great weather though. Flippy thanks for organizing, John thanks for havin me as a non boater, was a pleasure
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was a great sunny day, BUT the fishin was poor, you would have thought that fishin with this warmer weather would have been great BUT NO. Congrats to the winners CHUCKC and NEXTLEVEL, BIG FISH was 1.14 lbs(i know what everybody is thinking but it was #$#*%^ tough!) with a total weight for 4 fish 3.79lbs they took lunker and first place WOW. It was really a pleasure to meet the whole tourny field today. I was so pleased the way it went today that Im thinking of another one very soon. All I see all day is Chuck and Nextlevel driving around with no care in the world joking and laughing, and they go win, go figure.I hope everyone had a good time, NICKP and BASS SNIPER??????????? What Happened, Did you guys get sick?

Last edited by flippy on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was real tough and we just got lucky. I was waiting for Nick and Bass Snyper to come back to the ramp but he never showed..... Did someone call the Coast Guard or search and rescue? They could still be out their lost. I think someone stole Nicks truck because it wasn't there and someone reported it flying out of the parking lot doing 70!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: