CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Ice out tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys good luck to all in the tourney!! That lake warms up faster than anywhere in the state,..so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you'll get there after this warm/sunny stretch of weather! Cool
As for the cookout,..beware of openly consuming alcohol,...the DEP frowns on that and has in the past, thretened to stop issuing permits to any groups that condone it! Wink
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No , it doesnt look like there will be anything afterwards except the guys that want to stay and BS, As for using freakin french fries and asparagas as baits, maybe its a good thing your not fishing the tourny, even though at my work I can throw gummy worms to popcorn and catch 3 and 4lb fish, Imagine getting teamed up with a partner and then quickly realizing as your going threw your tackle box of say 300.00 of tackle(i know its alot more) and they break out a 2 piece rod they got at walmart for 20 bucks and a happy meal. Rolling Eyes
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy - I wouldn't use asparagus or fries during a tournament. I'm just suggesting the possibility that the ultimate bass magnet might already exist, just marketed differently.
For instance, I use enormous round, red LED lighted bobbers for night fishing. Helps me know where my line is, plus twitching the rod makes it rattle, which definitely attracts fish. The bobber is usually attached loosely so it slides freely, with a drop shot or a bobber stop if i know the depth. Sometimes the bobber flies off my line, with no hook or bait attached. Fish are drawn to it, and they sometimes swarm around it, nibbling like crazy. On one occasion a ginormous bass mauled the bobber & took it underwater. It popped back up to the surface about 15 minutes later, still brightly lit and intact. I don't care how amateur it seems; these things appeal to fish at night so I use them frequently and I can't believe I've never seen anyone else use one.
My point is simply that I'm full of hypothetical scenarios. Don't assume I'd be anything but professional and competitive in a tournament setting. Im new to the "scene" but not new to catching fish. Need a little guidance perhaps, but I'm confident in my fishing skills.

If a round glowing red orb can catch bass, then I'm sure other strange things would work too. It doesnt even remotely resemble any kind of prey. If they didnt work then I wouldn't have zillions of them in my tackle box. My favorite night fishing accessory by far.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, theres nothing wrong with two piece walmart poles!!! I used to fish only with st croix poles and then my car got broken into and ALL of my stuff got taken, poles, tackle, stereo....so I wasnt going to stop having my fishing gear in my car, I just started buying cheaper poles. The poles dont catch the fish, the presentation of the bait and the fisherman catch the fish....
On twenty-pound test "
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, all I gotta say is "This girl is good"!!! As Toptech has already said we have a winner here and I do hope she stays on for years to come. Hell, I'm already warming up to her sharp wit and sarcasm!! Wink Very Happy
toptech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this weather will really spark up the appetite of the bass at silver.....I know its sparkin my appetite to fish for them even more.... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is gonna be in the low 70's. I can't wait for this one. I haven't fished in way to long. I am starting to crack.

Justin
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should get out and go then, ive been going every morning before work and every night after work for the last week or so and yesterday was the first day the bite was really turned on, hopefully tonight will be another good outing.
On twenty-pound test "
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my moring goes like this. Wake up at 6, shave, brush teeth get dressed. Get daughter out of crib, change daughter, cloath daughter, brush daughters teeth, brush her hair then get my son. Do basically the same thing. Then feed them and drop them off at granmas then off to work. I do plan on making more time for myself but I am pretty busy right now. I got to start keeping the rods in the truck again so I can fish before I get home.. Laughing

Justin
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with that.....
On twenty-pound test "
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I wasnt making at direct attack on you Turtlekiss, Hey you use what you catch fish with, If its a red lighted bobber with asparagas then hey you got a secret technique, All I was saying is that people throw alot of different things and its funny how sometimes it produces, And Bass Sniper, your telling me that a fishing rod does not make a difference????? Shocked
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys bring the sunblock, its suppose to be a super nice day.
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what im saying is that there is nothing wrong with a cheap rod...... I believe a rod can make all the difference in the world in keeping a fish on the line and landing a fish, but you can still catch fish on a cheap rod...thats all. If I had the money to spend on expensive Rods to replace the ones I had I would, but since then ive come to realize that Shakespear makes a hell of a rod for under $40....
On twenty-pound test "
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Walleye thong helps too! just sayin Wink
On twenty-pound test "
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniper you just bring your rods and your thong and catch fish Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: