CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Favorite spot for bass? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegill Terminator wrote:
I'm easy to find just look for the black bass pro hat and a flannel shirt and a doubled over St. Croix... Laughing

Have you ever considered switching to cotton for the summer? I'd hate for you to suffer heatstroke for the sake of fashion.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah last year I used to wear black t-shirts from ac moore but I like flannel short-sleeve shirts because of the chest pocket.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegill Terminator wrote:
Nah last year I used to wear black t-shirts from ac moore but I like flannel short-sleeve shirts because of the chest pocket.

Yeah...the flannel pocket has a button for added security & a protective roof to protect your goods from the elements. No t-shirt can compete with that.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO... Big fan of St. Croix tho.... At least for my fly rods and my trout rods. Hows the back Kira?
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asianfisher wrote:
LMAO... Big fan of St. Croix tho.... At least for my fly rods and my trout rods. Hows the back Kira?

Felling better, thanks. I'm aiming for a Tuesday return but I'm sure that means rain is likely.

PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'd rather fish in the rain than in full sun. I fished without sunglasses and without a hat for about four hours today, because I need to even out my Rocky Racoon tan. Thank goodness for sunscreen on a stick; it makes it easy to mask off the parts you don't want to tan anymore!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Hey, I'd rather fish in the rain than in full sun. I fished without sunglasses and without a hat for about four hours today, because I need to even out my Rocky Racoon tan. Thank goodness for sunscreen on a stick; it makes it easy to mask off the parts you don't want to tan anymore!

I prefer light rain over sun, but nothing compares to fishing at night.

anointed130

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishing at night is fun, until you keep hearing things in bushes, and thinking a rabid animal is about to attack you

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
Fishing at night is fun, until you keep hearing things in bushes, and thinking a rabid animal is about to attack you

It's not the rabid animals that scare me (most of the time I'm in my boat, away from the coyotes and foxes.) In the water, it's usually it's a bass or beaver that startles me with their excessive splashing at night.

DV

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh beavers.... The spot I fish at night right by my house has a crazy beaver that waits to the most inopportune times to tail slap. It seems to wait till I start hearing things rusteling around and BAM is smacks the water and starts swimming at you. Always end up getting freaked out thinking a coyote is going to come eat me and leave.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Speaking of beavers. . . Reply with quote

I've been finding what seem to me to be a lot of dead beavers lately. I saw one at Nod Brook WMA last Fall and one in Spring Pond this year. Do people poison them in the public ponds?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have yet to find a dead beaver yet. I did find a ballon, a kite, a bouy and some other random crap floating in spring pond today. That water was murrrrrky
PECo

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Damn! Reply with quote

DV

I almost went to Spring Pond today, but went to Burr Pond instead. I wish I had known you were going to be there. Are you going to post a report? If not, how'd you do?

Phil

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a report on bolton lakes and spring pond today.

Basically fishing was slow going with 3 12inchers in about 4 hours on tubes and senkos. Figured since it was monday fishing pressure over the weekend might have slowed the bite down. I might be going back tomorrow from about 2-7if you are interested. That is a phenomenal place for kayaks, bigger than a small pond but smaller than a lake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: