CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Hells Anglers Bass Club Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a sunny & breezy afternoon on WIDE OPEN Pickerel Lake today. Smile When the wind died down the water was crystal clear to about 7 feet. Vegetation all over the place. No evidence of fish whatsoever...no bites, no ripples, not a single baitfish was sighted. It was still a gorgeous day to be on the water.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd Dinghbat do?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
How'd Dinghbat do?

No issues at all. We're like peas & carrots again.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to lack of participation, Im on my heels, I was hoping this wouldnt happen but it is.. Guys, I dont have time to call each and everyone of you, I thought I would form a club so you guys can fish, The turnout is terrible, Do you know what I have to do every tourny, its to the point that I dont want to bother, I have plenty I can fish, I will be holding the first 3 tournys,,, if the turnouts are just as bad, I will cancel the year,, Like I said This is bad,,, I thought if I formed a club with seperate boaters and non boaters,, I would have a great trail, but its not lookin good, what I should do is have a team trail ( I didnt want to do that) but it means if you wanted to fish,, you would have to find your own partner,, whether it be a boater or non boater,, for every tourny,, I thought I would be fighting off people for the first tourny,, its a joke,,, if anybody wants to fish next weekend, let me know, ASAP,,, When I first made calls for this tourny,,, I had 12 boaters and 10 non boaters,, now its fizzing out,, I am down to 6 boaters and 5 non boaters,, and a couple boaters are iffy, due to family and boat issues
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this certainly sucks. Crying or Very sad

SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Not surprised!

It's the economy -> Prices going up on everything, and most everyone is having to tighten their belts, especially those with famlies Exclamation

SeaDog1
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Yeap Kira!

Not to sound like a prophet of gloom.

But it's going to get worse sooner than you think Exclamation -> So kids get ready to tighten up on your pantyhose Exclamation

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have.
non boaters
Dickvanpike
Turtlekiss
Peco
2FastCars
BassGetHooked

boaters
Flippy
Mike L
Dino??
Nick P
Brian P
Jay
NX882

The others that signed up I have sent pms and made phone calls with no reply,,, I will not deal with that!! Tough crap for you,,, Dont call me later saying you want to fish,, The people that have called me or pm me and said they couldnt make it,,, thank you,, Im not talking about those people,,, anyway it will be a very small tourny,, thats OK,,, let me know if you guys could fish the April 16 tourny on Housatonic at the tourny,, like I said I will not go hunting people down,,
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I feel like a douche I got caught up in ice fishing and forgot to call or pm back.
I have a horrible memory like to where i lose track of what i have done in the last day!

Since I am SOL I would like to say good luck to all who participate and hopefully now that warm weather is coming and many waters are open / opening the out come will be better then it is seeming right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a bummer, i hope you decide to hold all the planned tournies flippy.....Cant say I blame them though, id be afraid to fish against me too.... Wink
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Flippy! Would you please clarify the "No pre-fishing" rule for me? I'm new to the tournament thing. Is there a set period of time before a tournament date during which you're not allowed on the lake? Is it too late for me to check out Pickerel Lake? I've never been there. . . .

Last edited by PECo on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
DickVanPike

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're allowed to fish right up until the day of the tourney, but you have to use a snorkel and a spear....sorry i dont make the rules...
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, DVP, NOW I'm scared to fish against you! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Hey, Flippy! Would you please clarify the "No pre-fishing" rule for me? I'm new to the tournament thing. Is there a set period of time before a tournament date during which you're not allowed on the lake? Is it too late for me to check out Pickerel Lake? I've never been there. . . .

One week in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: