CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood lake Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
I have never fished candle wood lake before, is it worth taking the hour drive, I usually stick to the northern part of the state

I have not bothered to fish any place else in the past 15 years. Fish are big and plenty of em.
Amston Laker 2

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Parking info for Candlewod? Reply with quote

Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:41 pm Post subject: Looking for Candlewood info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking of renting a cabin in July for 3 days on Candlewood Lake.
The cabin is only accessible by boat.
Does anyone know if I can leave my vehicle and trailer overnight at the Squantz Landing launch parking lot over night?
The state DEEP Web site has no info on parking overnight.

Greatly appreciate any info that is helpful.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know they had cabin rentals for candlewood, can you provide info on that?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Jjconnaire

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,
Well Ive been out on Candlewood about 4 times now. The first was with a guide on 5/15 and man did we kill it. i caught over 30 bass (mostly Smallmouth) and 95% of them were Bed fishing. I also went out by myself during the past 2 weekends and did fairly well. I was competing with tournaments that were going on. Tough to fish when there are 60 bass boats competing...
The guide was telling me that you shouldn't excessively play or tire out the fish because you want to put as little stress on them since they are on their beds actively spawning. He mentioned you should also put them rite back in the water so they can go rite back to their beds, I agreed and thought that was the most "ethical" thing to do. I then asked him if thats what we should do when bed fishing, why is it ok to catch the "big" fish on the beds during a tourney, keep them in a livewell for hours, and take them to a total different part of the lake (Danbury) and weigh them in, and then release them. The only answer I got was that, tournaments are different... I guess they are different because someone can benefit finacially??? As a pure catch and release fishermen I guess I have a little problem with all of the tournaments during the spring time since it is bound to effect the bass population in some way in the long run. Does someone else have any insite if this is or is not harmful???
Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well Ive been out on Candlewood about 4 times now. The first was with a guide on 5/15 and man did we kill it.

Can you post the name or website for the guide you used? That sounds like something I'd like to take my boys on. Thanks.
Jjconnaire

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlewood lake guide service. Jerry Hammond
Jjconnaire

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys how do u post pictures??? If like to share the fish I caught
Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the long-time members may have better instructions but I muddled through it myself last year. Under the Forums link, go to Photo Gallery and look on the upper right side of the page for "your album" and once there, on the left pane click on the Add Item, then upload whatever pics you want to post. Once they are uploaded to your gallery, you can go to the forum you want to post them, look at the little grey boxes above the text field and click on the g2Img box. That will take you to a page where you choose "user albums" from the dropdown list on the left, click Go then choose your specific gallery from that dropdown and click Go. Once you see your pics, just click the one you want to post and the coding will be automatically added to your posting. Use the preview button to make sure it looks right and you should be good to go. Hope this helps. If anyone else has an easier way, by all means chime in.
Jjconnaire

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jjconnaire

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jjconnaire

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There u go guys! Thank you sir! Great direct advice! Kudos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: