One more time

1... Bass .... ..... Jimmy Houston
2 ..Salt water journal........Mark Sozen
3...One more cast.............Shaw Grigsbys
4....Orlando Wilson
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BB!

NOPE Exclamation -> They were ALL still in diapers!

Hint: Was shown on the very 1st US licensed Network TV station in the US!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SeaDog1
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Gadabout Gaddis ?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In-fisherman, Doug Stange?
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Old Mud!

WE HAVE A WINNER Exclamation

Glad to see a Maine boy got this one Exclamation

YEAP! -> Good old "Gadabout Gaddis"
Year 1939 -> TV station W2XD New York.

FYI: -> I was 19 and on my way home on leave from the Navy and met him on the jet plane. He was headed home to his home in Maine - Was in his 80's then.
As a kid I watched his shows on TV in awe.

WHAT A GENTLEMAN and FISHERMAN Exclamation

Got to sit and talk with him for some time on the plane
Have to say, It is one of my most fondest memories Exclamation

Wish we had fishing celebrities like him today!
He was the epitomy of a what a sportsman should be Exclamation

There's a web site in his honor Exclamation www.gadaboutgaddis.com
GREAT READING Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOL. Yep i was born at night But not LAST night !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing i met him for the first time when i was in the Navy also. But that was back in the Mid 50's. Shocked Shocked Shocked . Talked to him many times after that ,had coffee and even a few beers. use to meet him at Wetzells Sport shop in Brockton Mass. when i got down that way. Met him down there a few times before i even knew he was from Maine. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Cool

One cool dude with a true passion for fishing and more ehtics than most people i have met. Thumbs Up

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Mud wrote:
LOLOL. Yep i was born at night But not LAST night !!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing i met him for the first time when i was in the Navy also. But that was back in the Mid 50's. Shocked Shocked Shocked . Talked to him many times after that ,had coffee and even a few beers. use to meet him at Wetzells Sport shop in Brockton Mass. when i got down that way. Met him down there a few times before i even knew he was from Maine. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Cool

One cool dude with a true passion for fishing and more ehtics than most people i have met. Thumbs Up

Hi Old MUD!

I am TRULY JEALOUS Exclamation
What Memories and Stories you must have Exclamation Exclamation
YES! The man had real passion for fishing and above all TRUE SPORTSMANSHIP ETHICS Exclamation
Only other fishing celebrity, in my opinion, that comes close is "Jerry McKinnis".

Best regards,
SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Jerry McKinnis was going to be my guess. Used to watch his show all the time with him and his dog going fishing. Love the dedication trailer at the end of the show where it says "Thanks to my Dad who always had time to take me fishing"!
Phish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, Sea Dog. I knew that the 17th is Opening Day. The 18th would be the club tourney day for me and Chuck...so that's why I'm excited about the 18th! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jerry McKinnis had the longest running show on ESPN next to SportsCenter. That's pretty impressive. It was nice to get to work with him.

Mark Zona is by far my favorite fishing host and is an absolute gem of a person. He's phenomenal on the water and is a great teacher. He's also hilarious.

Last edited by Phish on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stratos17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer Circle has got to be in the somewhere. I think all the Fishing shows are good....even the occassional trout fishing ones. Bill Dance's show cracks me up. Does he ever catch a dink? I don't think I've ever seen him catch anything smaller than 3lbs.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stratos17!

Yeap! Homer Circle and Glen Lau started somewhat later, but definitely followed in the footsteps of Gadabout Gaddis.

All where real gentlemen and passionate about their fishing, and all held to a High Ethical Code of Sportsmanship Exclamation

We won't see the likes of these men again any time soon Exclamation

Nice to see Old Mud, I, and others on this forum at least try to be as much like them as possible!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seadog1 first of all "Quite a number of times over the past year (open water and ice) and very recently it seems to be gaining momentum with more and more fishermen I meet at WH passing the word around". (NOT ME -> Till I posted this FYI ) is total BS and I would really like to know who these people are and if you are just talking to yourself and agreeing with yourself. As for there being no weeds thats again BS from the boat launch out about 100 yards there is a nice grass feild until the water depth reaches 25 feet then it changes over to rock and gravel. As well you said that lakes like West Hill can not have bass because there is very little weed structure for them. Well how do those bass from California get so big in those crystal clear lakes? I can tell you why its because of the stocked trout that people like you and your "other" friends go crazy over every opening day. Due to the lack of ZERO reproduction the state has to stock trout in there for people like you and those people that you heard saying to keep the bass. Well you can keep as many largemouths as you want but the only true way to get rid of them is to get rid of there food source which is your precious kokanee fry, and 5 inch trout. I just want to thank you though for bringing this up and telling all the lurkers and other people on this site to keep the bass. By doing this you have allowed my little friend here from West Hill

to have a better chance and nailing those kokanee fry near the boat launch and in the nets due to the lack of competition, and also reaching 10 plus pounds. You need to stop posting "2 hand information" because you are making a lot of people mad. Also I beleive you that largemouth bass are not native but im really glad that Roosevelt brought them over or else fishing in CT would just completely suck after the stocking trucks left in June. Also it would be a shame if somehow the pike from Winchester and now Park Pond Laughing somehow migrated into West Hill as from what my buddies told me who live near there it might have already happend...
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Moly, BlueGill, those are the shadows that follow my 6 inch trout swimbaits, NICE FREAKIN FISH!!!!!! Thats why I want to have a tourny there!!!!!
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegill Terminator wrote:
Seadog1 first of all "Quite a number of times over the past year (open water and ice) and very recently it seems to be gaining momentum with more and more fishermen I meet at WH passing the word around". (NOT ME -> Till I posted this FYI ) is total BS and I would really like to know who these people are and if you are just talking to yourself and agreeing with yourself. As for there being no weeds thats again BS from the boat launch out about 100 yards there is a nice grass feild until the water depth reaches 25 feet then it changes over to rock and gravel. As well you said that lakes like West Hill can not have bass because there is very little weed structure for them. Well how do those bass from California get so big in those crystal clear lakes? I can tell you why its because of the stocked trout that people like you and your "other" friends go crazy over every opening day. Due to the lack of ZERO reproduction the state has to stock trout in there for people like you and those people that you heard saying to keep the bass. Well you can keep as many largemouths as you want but the only true way to get rid of them is to get rid of there food source which is your precious kokanee fry, and 5 inch trout. I just want to thank you though for bringing this up and telling all the lurkers and other people on this site to keep the bass. By doing this you have allowed my little friend here from West Hill

to have a better chance and nailing those kokanee fry near the boat launch and in the nets due to the lack of competition, and also reaching 10 plus pounds. You need to stop posting "2 hand information" because you are making a lot of people mad. Also I beleive you that largemouth bass are not native but im really glad that Roosevelt brought them over or else fishing in CT would just completely suck after the stocking trucks left in June. Also it would be a shame if somehow the pike from Winchester and now Park Pond Laughing somehow migrated into West Hill as from what my buddies told me who live near there it might have already happend...

Well BT!

You have Truly Dissapointed Me Exclamation
WHAT AN UN-SPORTSMANSHIP ATTITUDE YOU HAVE Exclamation
There are other fisheries worth saving in Ct.
Your un-called-for comments about the Trout and Kokanee in WH and those that would prefer to fish for them vs LMB is without any merit.

"ALSO!" If you had a beef with me -> You should have sent your post as a PM Exclamation
Instead you made it public.
"THAT", as was made very clear by this forums moderator to "BassSniper", is against this forums rules Exclamation
"NO" personal attacks against any member of this forum what so ever Exclamation

I have sent you a PM and sent a strong objection to your post!

SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT!!! Seadog you have him all wrong, it was the comments that you brought about, that started upsetting people(bass fisherman), I believe that we should protect our trout lakes, but damn they are producing some great bass action, As for BT being UN SPORTSMAN, You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG, he is more sportsman than most sportsman in the state. I know him personally, and I totally disagree with what you are saying against him, He didnt bash you, he didnt threaten you, he just told you how it was, as for trout fisherman to keep bass and leave them for dead, THATS UN SPORTSMAN!!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: