CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: West Hill and LMB! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flippy!

YES Exclamation TWICE OVER Exclamation -> I was floored by his post Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

You and I have already talked about how the "word" about keeping LMB from WH. got started.
Was it better to keep this subject as is or to get to the truth and not let it fester like an infected open wound.
This you and I did Exclamation
That's what this forum is for -> To get things out in the open and to confirm or deny said statements and to do it in a Civil Sportsman like manner.

But BT did bring up "again" a subject that I thought was settled and totally done with. (the erronous ice report).

Also he "said it" and made it quite clear " in his opnion" that "LMB" are a preferable fishery over Trout or Kokanee fisheries.
Any way you cut it -> That! was un-called-for.
The way he said "save your precious Trout and Kokanee" was condensending almost slanderous and way out of line.

***Again -> I was "truly truly shocked" that BT would make such a post.***
I agree with your acessment of BT, I WAS MINE ALSO Exclamation Hopefully it was a momentary blip in his judgement!

If you like to fish for Bass (and I do also) -> Fine but it's not right to make statments that put down, in anyway, those that don't fish for LMB/Pike and prefer to fish for other types of fish.
Down south you have many fishermen that strictly fish for Crappie.
Up north you have fishermen that fish strictly for Walleye.
Other fishermen will fish for nothing but Catfish.
And yes, there are those that fish only for Trout and Salmon.

Good nature kidding and digs are all fine and well and worth having a good laugh over.

Making a post like this (which is a personal beef) is UN-ACCEPTABLE from Him, from Me, from You, from Anyone on this forum.
WITHOUT QUESTION! -> He should have made it a PM to me. (and we could have discussed it just between the two of us.)
Not a public post -> That constitutes a public personal attack!
And I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stand for THAT Exclamation

I'm all in favor of "forgeting this whole matter" if BT delets his post.
If not them this is going to end as -> "We agree to dis-agree" Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
flippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Seadog, An opinion is just that its just a opinion, everybody has got one,on one thing or another, Unfortunately that ice report is going to haunt you, its to the point that you just make a joke of it, it happened, a bad report that made somebody look like a fool with their pants on the ground Laughing BT is not just a Bass fisherman, he fishes for everything from bluegills to bluefish, oh that must have been funny watching Sniper pull into a parking lot with a canoe, the guys on the ice probably thought that was his sled Laughing Anyway Seadog just let it go, Talk is talk, I think we should put up a post, We will call it LETS ARGUE, that would be a cool post plus kind of funny, Happy Easter to everyone, Im going egg huntin,
Phish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi flippy!

Hmmmmm Question A column called "Let's Argue" Question
NAH! I think, -> It needs a little bit more oooomph!

WAIT Exclamation I've got it!
You can name the column after ME Exclamation

"The Cranky Old Geezer Locker" Exclamation -> LOL -> LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You and your family have a HAPPY EASTER flippy Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1

P.S. Suuuuush Exclamation -> Don't wake-up sleeping S_ _ _ _ r's Shocked Mr. Green

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh...
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seadog I understand that you prefer to fish for kokes and trout but you hurt me deep by telling everyone to kill every bass they catch from West Hill. I grew up on West Hill and living in Plainville its one of the closest northern lakes for me so thats why my father and I have always gone there since I was 4. I learned how troll, drive the boat, and even cast on West Hill. I've caught every fish that swims in West Hill as well as a quality size for each speices as well. I just want to know though why do you want to kill all the largemouths in West Hill? You do know that brown trout over 15 inches have the same feeding pattern as largemouths do right? I've had browns bigger then carp follow swimbaits in as well as spinnerbaits, plastic worms, you name it. I do not see why you think there needs to be a massacre of largemouths in West Hill. I do not see a problem at all with them living with the trout and salmon. If you are worried about the bass tournys wrecking West Hill I doubt that it will pick up due to the fact that the bass in West Hill take so long to grow big. Thats what burns me is when you say to kill every bass in the lake. If you catch a bass over 15 inches that bass has spent 4 plus years living in the cold waters of West Hill trying to survive on its own and not living in a concrete tank with round the clock feeding, and for you to just throw it to the raccoons for food without any respect to how long it took that bass to grow big is really what made me so angry. Your right though its cruel that the bass fisherman pack bass into little compartments for 8 plus hours a day, and then yank them off their beds as they try to spawn for tournements, but just think what the salmon go thru every fall. Being crammed in a net for how knows how long bumping into on another and then having the constant fear of being attacked as both largemouth and smallmouth lurk in the shadows waiting for one to swim out. You tell me whats more unsportsmen like? As for me being unsportsman like, I treat all of gods creatures with respect even if its a dace, a bluegill, a chain pickerel, or even a sucker. Whats unsportsmen like is watching a largemouth bass suffer for a gulp of air in the woods because someone doesn't think largemouth bass need to be in West Hill, and I doubt that the people you heard saying to keep all the bass will end up eating them.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BT!

Sent you a PM!

As I said in it -> I never even uttered the word "kill" in the 1st post or any other.

I abhor the killing of fish that are not to be used for consumption.
I did say removal -> Guess I should have explained further that removal and relocation alive is what I would advocate. If I had said that then such a ruckess wouldn't have ocured. Hind-sight is always 20-20.

So let me belay any fears you have. I only take those fish that can make a meal for me and the wife at any one time. As for the bass in WH -> I have no live well in my little 14' wooden Guide Boat, so I release them.

Since flippy and I found out "how and where" this whole thing got started on WH, I for one will do my part to squash this thing.

Hope you had a Great Easter Exclamation
Best regards,
SeaDog1
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seadog hope you had a good Easter as well.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a response form the DEP. There is no way they will ever remove bass from any body of water in CT. Bass are a NATIVE FISH that are protected by size and creel limits. Straight from Bill Forman's mouth. I think this whole thread should be deleted. A waste of space on here that has started arguments for no reason.
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep my name out of your mouth....
On twenty-pound test "
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: