CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice Fishing For Bass... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Ice Fishing For Bass... Reply with quote

I am thinking of going to my favorite spot for bass today. Still hard for me to read what i type and what everyones elses typse cause my sc reen for this site in mini still for some reason.. A place called Konolds if you know it you know you gotta know the factory to fish it. But imma be there and they know me and my family... Give a holla if you wanna go 860-938-3290 and is tryin to get Kira to go but she didnt answer yet proly text her in few...
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm up...post that pic of your twofer from Friday. Remind me to fix your text size for you...geez.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
bthurz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you keep bass ice fishing ive heard you cant while ice fishing is this true
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bthurz

Yes, you can keep a limit of largemouth and/or smallmouth bass while ice fishing. You should read through the 2011 Connecticut Angler's Guide. Here's a link:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/anglers_guide/anguide.pdf

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
bthurz

Yes, you can keep a limit of largemouth and/or smallmouth bass while ice fishing. You should read through the 2011 Connecticut Angler's Guide. Here's a link:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/fishing/anglers_guide/anguide.pdf

Phil

cool glad my friend was wrong thanks
johnkaz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its ok to keep bass but i am so against it. practice catch and release. if you wanna eat some fish got some crappie, and perch. much better eating. fish on!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree free the bass or will never break the state record takes a bass a long time to get that big in ct and a lot of luck
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means do i say go fuck yourself.... Im not evil... I eat the fish that i keep. If not i feed it to my family. I dont always keep fish. i do both keep and release so far as that goes. do you and i'll do me...
alibaba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay man those comments wernt directed at u so dont take it so personal im just saying how i feel on the subject cant we all just get along Very Happy
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regard to largemouth bass, I'm a catch and release guy myself, but I wouldn't begrudge any licensed fisherman his or her limit. Some of the little ponds that I've fished were infested with 12 to 14 inch bass. Sometimes, a little culling would help, not hurt.

I caught and ate two largemouth bass last year because they didn't survive their hookectomies. I can tell you that they're very good eating, despite what SeaDog1 says. Very Happy They're not "muddy tasting" at all. In fact, the brownie I took out of Stillwater Pond was the muddiest tasting fish that I had last year. It must have eaten a ton of trout chow from the DEP's Inland Fisheries Division before I caught it. Confused

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and the 18 inch walleye that I took out of Batterson Park Pond was the best tasting fish I had all year. Dee-licious!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Oh, and the 18 inch walleye that I took out of Batterson Park Pond was the best tasting fish I had all year. Dee-licious!

Are you just talking freshwater fish or was the walleye actually better than the cod? Razz
johnkaz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by no means do i say your a d!ck head for keeping bass. If a bass gets gut hooked or what not i say take it and eat for sure. In our area it takes bass a long long time to become lunkers. I used to keep bass when younger and have seen first hand what happens to the bass population in lakes when bucket fisherman attack. But if you like to keep bass thats your right, but its dosnt mean that i have like it. Conservation is key, and the best bass is a swimming bass.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love to eat fish myself an i wont lie ive taken a few gut hooked bass home myself but i dont want to see happen with bass what happend with stripers (moratorium) and for all u who say there is tomany bass for that to happen thats what thay sead about stripers in the 70-80 and look what happend as true fishermen it is our job to protect our sport and i dont know about you but i want to catch bass biger than 13-15'' with my kids when thay grow up Crying or Very sad
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

OK! -> KNOCK OFF - "ALL" - THE FOUL MOUTH LANGUAGE Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

We "Do" have Kids that view this forum!

Act like a responsible SPORTSMAN or go to another forum that accepts that kind of language Exclamation

This forum BAN's that kind language, "Which you and I agreed to when you registered" Exclamation

SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: