CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice thickness Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stripertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to save trout the trouble of being kicked off and a possible ticket they are not playing around up there with the rules and are feed up with people that don't live there trying to sneak on and fish
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripertime wrote:
I'm just trying to save trout the trouble of being kicked off and a possible ticket they are not playing around up there with the rules and are feed up with people that don't live there trying to sneak on and fish

If you're trying to save him the trouble, then don't report him? Sounds simple enough..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sb09 you are a moron the guys that live there pay a lot of money to keep that place stocked with fish the tigers alone are 40.00 each then they put in big trout and Wally's so if I see guys on the housy filling up trash bags with river herring and short stripers I should just look the other way no that is not going to happen when you fish Woodridge without a land owner you are poaching just like the d-bags on the housy taking short stripers if you lived on a private lake and had to pay over 1200$ to have the right to fish it you would not just let anyone fish it
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripertime wrote:
Sb09 you are a moron the guys that live there pay a lot of money to keep that place stocked with fish the tigers alone are 40.00 each then they put in big trout and Wally's so if I see guys on the housy filling up trash bags with river herring and short stripers I should just look the other way no that is not going to happen when you fish Woodridge without a land owner you are poaching just like the d-bags on the housy taking short stripers if you lived on a private lake and had to pay over 1200$ to have the right to fish it you would not just let anyone fish it

First of all, thank you. Second, if he takes "trash bags" full of fish by all means report him. However, if he is posting very publicly that he is headed there, possibly with his 12 year old cousin, do you think he will be poaching $40 fish by the bucketload? You don't live there either, the difference between what you do and what he would like to do is his aunt will be looking on from shore, and your "friend" will be standing next to you. Give it a rest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with stripertime on this one. It's fishing illegally which is the same as poaching in my book.
stripertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line if his aunt is not fishing with him on the ice he will be asked to leave rules are rules
stripertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I feel lucky to be able to fish it as much as I do and I'm going to try to protect it as much as I can when I am there fishing it legally with my buddy from all poachers
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what a good thing it is that there's people like you out there to follow the letter of the law. I just hope no poor soul has ever lit a joint in your presence! However, I am totally on board with stopping poaching, I just think your anger here is way off base.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...so.....

Ice conditions? I Don't head to Woodridge, I heard the people are dinks. As for West Side pond, fished it last week, drilled close to 20" of ice, about 12" hard white, and another 8" of black underneath. Yeah, 20", it was past the flange on my hand auger.

Drove by Bantam today, two groups in the North, one with a quad, so I would think the slab is healthy. One guy jigging in the marina bay, and no one to the south. The ice is still pretty good, just the edges are spotty in places, so spud it first. Wet legs are a lousy way to start the day.

That being said, looks like this could be the end, warm day temps next week and barely below freezing at night in the NW corner. Hit it this weekend and hit it hard, might be the last act!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

OK Guys ! -> Knock off the name calling and have more respect towards each other !
Oh ! and the only dinks are those who have the audacity to call other people that without knowing them !
Me? -> I'm a lead dog A$$ hole -> But you better always put the title "CAPTAIN" in front of it ! Very Happy

Woodridge Lake is totally private, and its not the only one in CT.
What people do at their private lakes and the rules they impose is their business and theirs alone Exclamation

Sneaking in to fish private waters is "POACHING" no matter how you cut it !

Woodridge Lake keeps a tight rein on their lake and who fishes it and I can respect that !

Stripertime was totally within his rights to point this out and give fair warning to any attempting to break the lake rules !

I'm with him on this ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:
Hi,
Sneaking in to fish private waters is "POACHING" no matter how you cut it !

Woodridge Lake keeps a tight rein on their lake and who fishes it and I can respect that !

Stripertime was totally within his rights to point this out and give fair warning to any attempting to break the lake rules !

I'm with him on this ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1

So then we can all rest assured that you will never fish there again right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbehuniak09 wrote:
So then we can all rest assured that you will never fish there again right?

Hi,

Yes right ! .... I will not fish there ever again with just a signed note.

"BUT I Will Exclamation " ......with my friend who lives there along side me Very Happy Thumbs Up

I have no problem with that ! Razz

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
androux

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh ! and the only dinks are those who have the audacity to call other people that without knowing them !

Sorry, no smilie face for a "tongue-in-cheek response," but I was poking fun at the stupid banter during the thread and attempting to inject something that was actually on topic.

Quote:
Sb09 you are a moron the guys that live there pay a lot of money to keep that place stocked with fish the tigers alone are 40.00 each then they put in big trout and Wally's

Forty bucks a pop to drop a fish in that will eat anything else in the lake? Yeah, I rest my case.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Banter is totally fine, without labeling people whom you have never had the opportunity to interact with !

As for the $40.00 per pop -> They put hybrid Tiger Muskies in there and Woodridge is the only lake in all of Ct. that has Muskies -> And they are BIG - VERY BIG too ! Shocked

Private lake -> so they can stock it with just about anything they want per DEEP acceptance !

"Isn't that nice!" ....as the church lady would say on SNL ! Razz

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Mase2020

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to weigh in on this and I agree with rules and laws and private ownership and what they choose to do. With that said Stripertime you did come off a bid hard and could have just told him the rules and let him know that people would check and call. Not they you will have him kicked off for something he believed he was doing correctly. Now his aunt does live there which is a relative and it is just your friend and if they really wanted to clamp down they should just let the owners or relatives fish, but that is neither here nor there. Anyway you also called someone a moron for their take on the whole thing which wasn't fair.

Now my question is how close to you does the landowner have to be while fishing Rolling Eyes Laughing

Anyway lets get back to more constructive use of the site and respect for our fellow angler.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: