CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice thickness Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, I only said something because "stripertime" was talking tough for some reason. He doesn't live on the lake himself, and was jumping down a guy's throat for essentially the same thing he does.. It's pretty clear the guy isn't gonna go in there and start taking all the fish in the place. I think "stripertime" has some pent up rage about people on the Housy taking short stripers which is perfectly understandable. With that said, I don't think it's his place to be the Woodbridge Lake caped crusader especially in such a combative way.

As far as name-calling, I've been called much worse so no worries on my part.

Hi,

I totally agree Mase2020 -> Let's all go back to playing nice !

SeaDog1 Mr. Green

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
stripertime

Mase you have to be fishing with them they can't be on the north end while you fish the south end it's a big lake about 1 1/2 -2 miles long
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Cheech ! -> Enough already ! -> how much longer you guys going to

SeaDog1 Rolling Eyes
stripertime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I fish the lake I'm not fishing by myself I'm totally legal it's deff not the samething and when I'm fishing it legally I have the right to say whatever I want to anyone not fishing legally and it don't matter if he releases all the fish or not and to your comment about smoking a joint around me ill be the first one to pass it around I can give a shit about weed but protecting something I love like fishing either it be the great fishery like Woodridge or the housy or a little stocked trout stream poaching is poaching
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi st,

I hear you and do agree with you -> But no need to start this up again -> "Please" ......Let it go Exclamation

We all now know what the rules are there and to what lengths the people that live there will go to to protect the lake !
Very admirable !

SeaDog1
androux

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify....

dink noun, slang. To be of a certain mindset, (see Misinformed, Ignorant, Pompous), as to think it is constructive to...

Quote:
pay over 1200$ to have the right to fish

...and put in....

Quote:
big trout and Wally's

....and on top of that throw money at the...

Quote:
tigers alone are 40.00 each

....which, might be....

Quote:
BIG - VERY BIG too ! Shocked

...which are getting big how? Why put $1,200 (or 1200$) into fishing and stock a species that will eat everything else in the lake? Are these grass Tiger Muskie's? Or are you spending money to feed them. There is a reason they are big. There is also a reason why they aren't introduced to CT waters, even though they are a sterile fish.[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi androux,

What possible difference can it make to you to go on and on about what the residents of Woodridge stock in their private lake.

It's private -> and it's their decision to do what they want.

"You have NO SAY what so ever in their decision or right to discuss it" Exclamation -> So why even bring up the arguments about the fish or what they eat !

Again -> "IT'S PRIVATE" -> Unless your involved -> Let it go Exclamation

Cheech ! Rolling Eyes

SeaDog1
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Now back to the original topic -> Ice thickness and a lighter side !

Whether you like it or not -> it's coming ........

Plus warm days, spring spawning runs, lower heating bills, BBQ's, and cold beers to enjoy ! Thumbs Up

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
Mase2020

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay okay not to beat a dead horse or mule as it appeared in Seadogs post, but I need to address something hear with Stripertime. I commend and admire your conviction for the rules of the lake and your understanding of why they are there and why you want other people to follow them. However be a person who obeys or tries to obey and follow all rules or laws even if you don't agree with them, but that is what you are expecting others to do. I mean no disrespect by this post and only write it in hope you see my point and it helps you. The fact that you posted that you would pass a joint around, which is a violation of Connecticut General Statute 21a-279a, because you don't care about "weed", goes against the point you are trying to make.

Now I get the fact that "weed" is not a big crime and people have their feelings it and if it should be legal or not (whole different day for that), the point is it is still an infraction of violation of the law in Connecticut. I believe that was the point SB was trying to make is you must be a person who obeys every law because that was how you were coming across. I know everyone here has the best intentions so that is all.

P.S. I have to say by the posts that have seen on here Seadog and Peco really do appear to obey every law and that it admirable way to go guys. Very Happy
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1 wrote:

"You have NO SAY what so ever in their decision or right to discuss it" Exclamation -> So why even bring up the arguments about the fish or what they eat !

Wait a minute Seadog, you seem to now be the one beating the dead horse. As a man who speaks his mind more than almost anyone I have ever seen, how can you say anyone doesn't have the "right to discuss it?" I think this would have been long dead had you not kept interjecting as you are so wont to do.. You have your strong feelings about how the fine people of Woodbridge Lake have their rules, and that's fine, but trying to stop someone from discussing their merits is oppressive. Seeing as you are not a dictator and this is a public and free forum, there is no need to it.

As an aside: I do love your cartoons and have no idea where you get them all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I figure the name should be changed to "WouldBitch Lake," anyways...

Just like to say, for anyone interested in fishing, that folks were out on Bantam this (2/2Cool afternoon, in the north end. I wasn't able to check much this week, but up here in the NW corner, if the edges aren't standing water, the ice is prolly fishable. But check it first with the spud. Just saying....

I do think this will be the last weekend for ice fishing, so get out, fish hard, and check the regs, some places are closed as of Mar. 1st. and others are restricted. Be dry and catch fish!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh i think youre wasting your money stocking that lake with muskies. Yeah theyre a great fish to catch and get huge. But why would you spend 40$ per fish that doesnt reproduce that well, and eats anything it can see, and is pretty smart. Like you said you pay 1200$, say you pay for the muskies thats 30 muskies. Most likely half of these fish will die from cannibalism, disease, or something alike. Im guessing you cant even keep the muskies or you'll hurt the population so theres not much of a point. I know there was a huge discussion about this on iceshanty and a few people said theyve been fishing there for years and catch about one a year if theyre lucky. Now im not trying to complain with you or anything but why would you waste your money on something that most likely will become extinct in the lake within a few years (muskies live about 10 years). If that was my money id rather stock northern pike, get the same size, reproduce very well in healthy lakes, eat alot of baitfish, and you can keep them and wouldnt feel like youre hurting the population. Plus for that 1200$ you could take a trip to NY and fish the lakes that have large populations or muskies and other species like lake trout, walleye, even northerns and more. Now back to the poaching and such, instead of having a war why dont you call the officers that partol the lake and ask them if youre allowed to fish without your aunt or with your cousin cause who knows maybe the rules have changed. No reason to get crazy.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbehuniak09 wrote:
SeaDog1 wrote:

Wait a minute Seadog, you seem to now be the one beating the dead horse. As a man who speaks his mind more than almost anyone I have ever seen, how can you say anyone doesn't have the "right to discuss it?" I think this would have been long dead had you not kept interjecting as you are so wont to do.. You have your strong feelings about how the fine people of Woodbridge Lake have their rules, and that's fine, but trying to stop someone from discussing their merits is oppressive. Seeing as you are not a dictator and this is a public and free forum, there is no need to it.

As an aside: I do love your cartoons and have no idea where you get them all.

Hi,

Do you live at Woodridge Lake ?
Are you involved with Woodridge Lake ?
Did you have anything to do with the stocking decision(s) ?
Did you have any say in making up the lake rules ?

If the answers to all of the above are NO !
Then the fact of the matter is ....... there is no discussion then what so ever !

I mean, sure you can discuss the point(s) or merits all you want, but its not going to go anywhere or do anything -> pretty much its just someone blowing off hot air and for what ? -> Like I said .....

Private is Private is Private, ... It's their lake, their rules, and their money and they can spend it anyway they damn well want to and that's the bottom line !

As for the cartoons -> I surf around for some that pertain to cetain subjects.
Most I post are just to get a smile or laugh -> Then some are a bit more sarcastic but gets to the point witout trying to be mean.
As they say -> Picture is worth a thousands words ! Very Happy

Best regards,
SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone just close this thread sorry for the original poster. Hope you got an answer or idea of the thickness.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: