CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice thickness Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishtrout24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the info minus striper . Im not gonna post mew threads anymore if i deal eiththis just dont let me find u on the water

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry u could of just told me instead of being a richard about it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice fishing tourney on woodridge anyone? Razz
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishtrout24 wrote:
Sorry u could of just told me instead of being a richard about it

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome. Anyway going out on savins today with bass warrior at 3. Had a friend stop by they're and walk out and check
The ice it was thick anyone is welcome to join us

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: private lakes Reply with quote

That's why I don'tbother w/ the private lake pricks-I wouldn't want to have to give anyone the ass whippin' of their lives b-4 authorities showed up.
Icemike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: thickness Reply with quote

Don't even know where this lake is-but unless it's @ 400ft. elevation or better-wouldn't fish it if it was my backyard-See y'all where there's actually ice this weekend-And I don't care what you do-long as you ain't killin' fish for no reason.
moose444

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Woodbridge Lake Reply with quote

Most of us obey the laws and try to pass ethical fishing down to our kids and grandkids. BUT I would never turn a fellow fisherman in for fishing in a place his aunt gave him permission to fish. This guy is not sneaking on the lake. If the hardasses on the lake want to go by the letter of the law that is their right but shame on them for not using common sense in policing the lake. What is the difference? Maybe the aunt likes the company and sharing what she can but MAYBE she just can't physically get on the ice. Not everything in life is black and white.The aunt also paid for her place right? ....just my two cents
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sneaking in to fish private waters is "POACHING" no matter how you cut it !

Damn! Does this mean I shouldn't be fishing the breeder pools in Burlington at night????

4 pages. Wow. Cabin fever is gettin' to folks! Smile
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: private lakes Reply with quote

Icemike wrote:
That's why I don'tbother w/ the private lake pricks-I wouldn't want to have to give anyone the ass whippin' of their lives b-4 authorities showed up.

Well !

That was a mean spirited post with a dis-respectful threat to boot towards your fellow anglers !

A fisherman is a fisherman no matter what waters they fish (Private or Public).

SeaDog1
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Redneckangler"...... Wow. Cabin fever is gettin' to folks! Smile[/quote]

Hi RNA,

Tell me about it ! Shocked
Cabin fever is a terrible malady Exclamation
Some people are starting to get nasty and foul mouthed !

I'll check the internet and see if there's a sale on straight jackets or at least extra-strength Prozac !

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
fishin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was thinking about heading up to west hill pond tomorrow am, but as its like a 45 min drive, wanted to see if anyone could confrm if theres decent ice up there still. Anyone know?
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
Quote:
Sneaking in to fish private waters is "POACHING" no matter how you cut it !

Damn! Does this mean I shouldn't be fishing the breeder pools in Burlington at night????

Hi RNA,

Your doing it wrong !

SeaDog1 Mr. Green
nightstalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'If that was my money id rather stock northern pike, get the same size," thumbs down[quote][/ Walleyes are a much better option lol, very entertainaing thread, personally poaching to me is taking undersize fish, out of season, over your limit, etc. this kid was just trying to do the rite thing and in his mind did everything rite by having the aunt permission, I have a problem with the aunt paying for the fish and not being able to fish, do you have an option of not contributing or do you have to contribute to the fishery if I gotta contribute then im giving permission to some one, other than a select few to fish the lake to enjoy on my dime!
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stripertime wrote:
if you lived on a private lake and had to pay over 1200$ to have the right to fish it you would not just let anyone fish it

I just wanted to mention that you cannot be charged for the privilege of fishing in private waters:
Quote:
26-131-1. Private waters
Owners of private waters registered with the Department of Environmental Protection as provided by the General Statutes, and their guests, may remove any species of fish from such waters by any method, except by the use of chemicals or explosives. Fish taken from such waters may be removed from the premises, possessed and transported without regard to open and closed seasons, legal lengths or daily creel limits, provided such fish are dead and shall be packaged and the package containing such fish, shall have attached thereto a tag or label bearing legible writing showing the registration number issued for such water by the Department of Environmental Protection, the name and address of the owner of such water, the number and species of fish contained therein, the date such fish were removed from such water and the name and address of the person removing such fish from the water. Such fish shall not be sold, offered for sale or exchanged. The owner of such water shall not allow fish to be removed from the premises alive. No fee may be charged for the privilege of fishing in such waters.

Technically, the members of the Woodridge Lake Property Owners Association are charged to maintain and access the lake, I guess.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: