CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Shelton Stripers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Duck wrote:
Your personal condemnations and insults are pretty uncalled for.
Pleas quote something I wrote that even resembles a mean spirited attack or condemnation of anyone and I will be happy to apologize.
SD

SERIOUSLY?!? Rolling Eyes

Good luck, guys. Bye.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:
I guess I might as well post the picture! Belly was full of shad!

Where is everybody????????
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
striperswiper

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wannafish that is a nice fish. Suggestion though; you might want to stop using a steel leader when striper fishing. Switch to 50 lb mono leader about 4 feet in length. Stripers are leader shy. The only time you really need a steal leader is chunking cut bait for bluefish. All other applications stick with mono leaders.
50ontherocks

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FreshSaltAnyone?"]The best fishing experience I've ever had was helping someone else hook up. I think at the end of the day we can all agree that some of us want others to enjoy the experiences fishing offers and others feel a much greater sense of entitlement. Though I understand space, I just don't understand hindering someone ambitious enough to ask questions, seek answers, and look to gain knowledge in hopes of finding some decent fish. I can't speak for everyone but I catch and release with the intent of having the same fish I caught find your hook someday.

If someone wants to share their knowledge, they should. If you want to keep yours bottled up, then you should. Refereeing the situation is just selfish.

Now let's go fishing!![/quote

FRESH SALT, THIS IS WHATS ITS ALL ABOUT. i GET AS MUCH OF A KICK OUT OF HELPING SOMEONE HOOK UP AS I DO MYSELF. I TIED ONE OF MY BUBBLE GUM SLUGGOS ON A KIDS LINE THE OTHER DAY DOWN ON SHELTON SIDE SHOWED HIM HOW TO JIG IT (SSSSSSSHHHHH lol) HE HOOKED UP ON A 30 INCHER AND MAN THE SMILE ON HIS FACE. ANYWAY GOOD STUFF SALT. NOT TO BEAT UP ON SEADUCK I GET WHAT HE IS SAYING A BIT WHEN IM ON THE JERSEY AND LONG ISLAND SHORELINES AND HAVE SCOUTED RIP, BAR, DROP OR STRUCTURE AND AFTER A FEW FISH HEADLIGHTS ARE ROARING DOWN THE BEACH (IM STRICTLY A WALKER AND TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM BUGGY BEACHES BUT IT HAPPENS) BUT THE HOUSOTONIC IN MAY AND MONTAUK IN OCTOBER ARE NOT PLACES TO WORRY ABOUT SPOTS THEY ARE PLACES TO PROMOTE THE GREAT SPORT OF SURF FISHING.
50ontherocks

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FreshSaltAnyone?"]The best fishing experience I've ever had was helping someone else hook up. I think at the end of the day we can all agree that some of us want others to enjoy the experiences fishing offers and others feel a much greater sense of entitlement. Though I understand space, I just don't understand hindering someone ambitious enough to ask questions, seek answers, and look to gain knowledge in hopes of finding some decent fish. I can't speak for everyone but I catch and release with the intent of having the same fish I caught find your hook someday.

If someone wants to share their knowledge, they should. If you want to keep yours bottled up, then you should. Refereeing the situation is just selfish.

Now let's go fishing!![/quote

FRESH SALT, THIS IS WHATS ITS ALL ABOUT. i GET AS MUCH OF A KICK OUT OF HELPING SOMEONE HOOK UP AS I DO MYSELF. I TIED ONE OF MY BUBBLE GUM SLUGGOS ON A KIDS LINE THE OTHER DAY DOWN ON SHELTON SIDE SHOWED HIM HOW TO JIG IT (SSSSSSSHHHHH lol) HE HOOKED UP ON A 30 INCHER AND MAN THE SMILE ON HIS FACE. ANYWAY GOOD STUFF SALT. NOT TO BEAT UP ON SEADUCK I GET WHAT HE IS SAYING A BIT WHEN IM ON THE JERSEY AND LONG ISLAND SHORELINES AND HAVE SCOUTED RIP, BAR, DROP OR STRUCTURE AND AFTER A FEW FISH HEADLIGHTS ARE ROARING DOWN THE BEACH (IM STRICTLY A WALKER AND TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM BUGGY BEACHES BUT IT HAPPENS) BUT THE HOUSOTONIC IN MAY AND MONTAUK IN OCTOBER ARE NOT PLACES TO WORRY ABOUT SPOTS THEY ARE PLACES TO PROMOTE THE GREAT SPORT OF SURF FISHING.
striperswiper

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the date on the calendar, the location on the GPS, the stage of the tide or phase of the moon; spot burning sucks and should not be taking place in a public forum like this. Maybe some people like fishing amongst crowds w people casting over your line and tangling you all the time; I certainly don't.
It is best to keep the chatter to a minimum and the reports to yourself. I have a feeling that a lot of people haven't had "it" happen to them yet....but when "it" happens to you, I think you will agree with me.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

striperswiper wrote:
Wannafish that is a nice fish. Suggestion though; you might want to stop using a steel leader when striper fishing. Switch to 50 lb mono leader about 4 feet in length. Stripers are leader shy. The only time you really need a steal leader is chunking cut bait for bluefish. All other applications stick with mono leaders.

I agree about the leader. That's not me in the pict but my buddy. He's a little thick headed with suggestions.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's why spot burning no longer exists.

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/guide/best-shore-fishing-locations-on-the-tidal-housatonic-river/

The web covers just about everything from best place to urinate all the way through what to expect when your expecting.

I'm also not afraid to share a spot. Figuratively and literally. Never owned any of them in the first place. Have you ever considered yourself as one of the many overcrowding the Housy? Let's revisit our sense of entitlement once more.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

striperswiper wrote:
It is best to keep the chatter to a minimum and the reports to yourself.

If I'm not mistaken this place is specifically for "chatter" about fishing and fishing reports. Laughing

Maybe you should start your own fishing forum where no one talks about fishing or reports how they are catching fish. It sounds like it would be a popular place. Rolling Eyes
striperswiper

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DirtyDawg10"][quote="striperswiper"]It is best to keep the chatter to a minimum and the reports to yourself.[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken this place is specifically for "chatter" about fishing and fishing reports. :lol:

Maybe you should start your own fishing forum where no one talks about fishing or reports how they are catching fish. It sounds like it would be a popular place. :roll:[/quote]

My reference to chatter was mainly about specific location spot burns, similar to overly specific reports. I have seen quite an uptick in the number of folks on the river the past few seasons. And yes some of the information is easily available; but why make it so easy for anyone to come to a site like this (or other fishing sites, Facebook, etc....) and get all the spot specific information they need without being willing to put in any time or effort to learn on their own.
I am more than willing to share information I know about fishing for striped bass; technique, plug selections, weather, etc.......my help just won't include spots
fivestring

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season, I've discovered that the easiest way to avoid frustration at crowding and spot burning is to not go to where it's happening. If you go there, expect it and don't get frustrated. I made my way to a crowded parking area to look around without tackle, and got a couple fish on an early trip this season, but I've done pretty well at keeping myself away. I'm really looking forward to fishing some quiet areas soon.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has 56 replies and 3117 views. Imagine if everyone all showed up at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading thru this post is kinda sad lol. I mean it sounds like a pack of school children arguing over the blue crayon. Some of the mentality behind striper fishing and the spots to get them is all backwards man. Its like you wanna brag about your spot but for heavens sake dont give'em any info? Really? You guys think youre Jimmy Houston or something? This is a message board for CT fishing, not the BASS Classic on ESPN so get over yourselves and share some knowledge or dont post! Then yall wont get mad when people ask you the details about your spot that im sure cost a leg or arm Smile haha. That being said i can personally say because of Michael's posts i have learned more about Rapalas and their many uses then i ever have outta a magazine. He posts times, conditions, lure type, and locations And i feel ive benefited from it because i can take what he does and apply it to spots around me. I mean damn, whats wrong with a little info sharing? Striper fisherman...pshhh...
ny to ct

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is the only person on this site that actially gives a full report; conditions, temperature, what lures he is using.
Everyone else just sits back and makes comments.
Excluding disclosing specific spots isn't what Michael is doing what it is all about?
If you go on Noreast surf reports they are all like Micheal's reports but not spot specific.
This site is becoming like SOL no reports and a bunch of BS
Amston Laker 2

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: What's your favorite part about fishing? Reply with quote

Everyone has their own thoughts about what fishing means to them.
Personally I love the way it relaxes me. I love the comradely with friends and the excitement of catching the big one.

For me a peaceful spot will bring the first two, a peaceful spot with fish in the water will bring it all.

Know what your favorites are about the sport of fishing and let that guide you.
That will help funnel negative energy into the positive vessel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: