CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tin can or car topper tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure
On twenty-pound test "
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I dont think we can do it at West Hill becuase there is ice on it.........
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sniper your a funny dude ,,,Ice on it,,,,
I checked out Batterson and it is a nice size 140 acre body of water and it is close enough for everybody....just need to hear some input on how we handle weigh in and proof of fish thats not a pain in the a@# but keeps it fun...if every one has a tape measure and a scale with fishes wieght so we can be sure of the day and size caught....does that fly or no....thats the only part that has me wondering Confused
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be a part of a tournament that is not stressing that all boats have a livewell. I just feel to strongly about keeping our catch alive for the next club, or your kids etc. Any boat should be able to put together a good sized cooler with a 12 volt battery operated pump with spray arm and just do manual water changes to keep the water quality up to par to keep our fish alive.

If your boat is too small, or you don't have the extra cash to put that cooler livewell together, then you don't fish tournaments as a boater, fish as a non boater, or fish as a non boater in another club. I'll leave the ham and egg events for others to be a part of.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, and I understand what you're trying to do to get the smaller water craft together and have a tournament, but to what expense, 50 DEAD FISH. Not going to be a part of that MAN MADE FISH KILL.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say we club the fish first so they stay still for the picture then toss them back!
On twenty-pound test "
robby91/2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wet hill most definetly does have bass last year in the spring there were some hawgs pulled out, and you can put a bass boat in. there is a speed limit and i believe from memorialday to labor day you are limited by horsepower so you just tilt you motor up and run on trolling
im not totaly sure about the dates but ive been there many times (its close to home) and ive never had an issue
toptech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slime I completely agree with what your sayin...but Im not sure where it came from at all....noone said anything about keeping fish without a livewell or killing anything. The only two things that were mentioned were making a livewell or just doin a tape measure/scale tourney with pics. No need to be so hostile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody said anything about letting fish die that why i said the the ruler and scale with a pic and then they would be released within 2 minutes,, I am not up for dead fish and never have been, and thats why i said the tricky part was that because i dont want any fish to die,,,so I hope i cleared that up..

anyway we could all just meet up with these small crafts and fish for the day but keep posting ideas,,but it be cool to meet up and fish one way or another
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was not hostile at all. Just passionate! Laughing You don't know me very well, because if I get hostile I will be banned form this site, you have no idea what I'm capable of. LOL

I have fished many tournaments in my day, and anytime money is involved, and there are not strict rules, with actual fish brought to the scales, it leaves the door wide open for cheating. I'm not saying anybody will cheat, but I'm not willing to find out putting my cash on the line. I will fish any tournament anywhere by normal tournament rules, which includes bringing live fish to the scales, not taking a picture of each fish. I've fished tournaments where I've caught 25 or more keeper bass per day. You expect people to take pictures of every fish hanging from a different uncalibrated handheld scale ( maybe from an altered scale to read higher weights) in every boat? I'm just saying that is not for me. I'm not trying to rain on anybodies parade, just offering my 2 cents, as it seems running a tournament in this fashion is only looking for hassles.

I have run a few tournaments before, and fished hundreds. Billy bass I'll help you put something together if you want, even co run it, because I have access to a nice tournament digital scale, but I can't be a part of what you are talking about as of now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey slimecoat I understand your feelings about it ,,,,I simply just had the idea this morning and i know quite a few people have smaller boats and just thought it would be a cool idea more or less just to get together and fish,really just thought it was a good way to meet some guys with out all the money ,gas motors,and other stuff,thats involved in the bigger tournys,,,Maybe i should have listed it a get together,,,Im sure there is others that feel the way you do didnt mean to rub anyone the wrong way ,i apoligize,,,,but if some would just like to get together in these small crafts let me know ,,maybe that way it would void the permit .....we can fish from whenever to whenever and just bullsh@#
when its over about the catch of the day,,,,,it was just a idea,,,,,,,later
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BassSniper, Ask Bluegill to send you a photo of the bass he caught at west hill Shocked
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billybass, if you hold an event you must pull a permit, parking is the big thing, and remember, when you hold a tourny you are LIABLE!!!! I personally will not be posting anymore tournys but I will still have them, I know who the tourny guys are and who the BSers are, I will do an invite only through PM, otherwise I am wasting my time, you on the other hand might do better with your tournys with small boats,if you just have a get together with a few boats I wouldnt see a problem but you should check, or I could for you, Good luck, anything I could help you with give me a PM, JIM
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybass wrote:
Hey thats cool ,,,or even everybody has a ruler a scale and a camrea or cell phone and a sticker on them that they get before we get in the water that could be proof and that way release it as soon as you get you info plus the small boats dont need to be crowded with the coolers,,,i just need a little more on permits info...cant really see a big deal with some guys/girls meeting up and fishing has long as there is not 20 cars and trucks

This is exactly what I'm trying to arrange for Black Pond on Saturday (in the "Fishing Partners" section)...except no money is involved and others will actually attend your event. I like the cell/camera idea...if not everyone has a camera, then they can string it and take it to someone who does. My boat is 6' 8" and there's no room for a cooler. I don't really care if money is involved..I'd prefer if it wasn't. How about something other than money? I have artwork to offer. I just want to get some of our little boats together and meet some new people.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat, Hundreds Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Slimecoat, Hundreds Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

YES...!!! To be exact, he has fished in 237 of them...all without taking a check!!! Oh, did I just say that..... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: