CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tin can or car topper tourny Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Tin can or car topper tourny Reply with quote

I just figured i would see how many people that dont have big bass boat but do have smaller v hulls or flatbottoms or plastic dingys would be intrested in somthing were you could take your vessel and be equal with the rest of the boats fishing .....I know the no live well thing sucks, so to keep the fish to the end maybe a cooler or anything ,,,,,open ideas welcome.......but did think this could maybe spark some intrest in the middle class boaters area..
And if it sounds good to people maybe we could set one up...I got a couple good places in mind,,,no huge dollars amounts ,just some sort of winnings and most of all fun..............just a idea for the smaller boats
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billybass, be sure you pull a permit, Very Happy
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a bass tender 9.4 with a live well, i would be up to do tourneys with that rig,park pond,mudge pond, would be a good places to go to.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park pond is the place to have it or Burr Pond which is right down the street or we can do a oar power only tourny on Uncas or Ball Pond... Laughing
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be game if the date works for me. Long Pond is also a good place to hold one of these types of events. It's a 10mph speed limit there, so no jet skis or power boats, and plenty of bass. It's good spring or fall, in the heat of the summer it's tough though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a certian amount of boats or people you need before you pull the permit or is it just the fact that we will crowd the place in terms of a event and need one,,,i am new to this but all for it,,,,there is a really cool spot in ashford
called halls pond its 81 acres and its layed out really cool with 16 islands in it and there is 8 hp limit no jet skis or anything crazy,,,,,,it would be nice to get a spot somewhere central so everyone doesnt have a long drive... Laughing
toptech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be game...ecspecially for halls. I would say limit it to electric or man powered vessels.

As far as live wells go. So easy to set up. I fished a 8 hour tourney in the middle of summer out of a canoe and had a 11 1/2 pound bag in a moderately cooler with a aerator. Just added new water every 3 hours or so.

This was the type we used:

The only thing is we had to end up using a second battery late in the tourney for the aerator so I would reccamend a 6 hour enless people are goin to bring two batteries.

This is pretty close to the cooler we used:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://media.rei.com/media/v/1134650.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.rei.com/product/752723&usg=__Xji8KykXop-w1I2RfC8Sl-8C3tg=&h=440&w=440&sz=34&hl=en&start=15&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=aaBCwWOveYMwTM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drubbermaid%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26tbs%3Disch:1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thats cool ,,,or even everybody has a ruler a scale and a camrea or cell phone and a sticker on them that they get before we get in the water that could be proof and that way release it as soon as you get you info plus the small boats dont need to be crowded with the coolers,,,i just need a little more on permits info...cant really see a big deal with some guys/girls meeting up and fishing has long as there is not 20 cars and trucks
robby91/2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dep web site has all hte specifics, tis pretty easy and the guy who handles the process is cool.
most is standard, cant take over more than half the parking, leave a mess and you wont get another, dont piss off anyone who will make more work for them Rolling Eyes
billybass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank i am going to check it out
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id be down for it. There was some discussion about doing one on West Hill, but I dont think Flippy wanted to handle that one because you cant put a bass boat in it, cant even drop in to troll around if you have a big motor on your boat at all apparently. That would be cool, catch trout and bass, i hear there are some lunkers up there!
On twenty-pound test "
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batterson is the place to have it. Very close to the majority of the people on this site.
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Sniper wrote:
id be down for it. There was some discussion about doing one on West Hill, but I dont think Flippy wanted to handle that one because you cant put a bass boat in it, cant even drop in to troll around if you have a big motor on your boat at all apparently. That would be cool, catch trout and bass, i hear there are some lunkers up there!
West Hill doesn't have bass in it anyways but Highland does. Laughing
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that depends on who's report you listen to..... Wink

Flippy knows a guy who lives on it and he says there are monster bass in there....
On twenty-pound test "
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same with Winchester in the stumps...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: