CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tin can or car topper tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billybass

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holbrook I have heard is good,,,I have never been but that ok,,,,,im into that one if everybody is,,,,If any body has to use oars they should just hop in with sombody because 8hrs of that is no fun....should this be a weekend thing or during the week
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weekend
On twenty-pound test "
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybass wrote:
Holbrook I have heard is good,,,I have never been but that ok,,,,,im into that one if everybody is,,,,If any body has to use oars they should just hop in with sombody because 8hrs of that is no fun....should this be a weekend thing or during the week

Anytime is good for me. Holbrook is OK but it needs to be fished early...the plantlife takes over fast.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegetation = big bass
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if im thinkin of the same place it is covered by pads,,is it down a mile long dirt road......anyway i dont think it will be covered yet...
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybass wrote:
if im thinkin of the same place it is covered by pads,,is it down a mile long dirt road......anyway i dont think it will be covered yet...

That's the place.

I'm leaving for Black Pond now, if anyone's interested.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howd u do at black pond?
On twenty-pound test "
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Sniper wrote:
howd u do at black pond?

2 bass - one on a senko at 9 p.m, the other on a buzzbait at 3 a.m. The wind never died down...I pretty much moved around and anchored every so often. Would have been nice to fish from shore, but my partner was running late and I feel safer on the water after dark. Scrapped the channel cat plan due to extreme disorientation.

Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any size? So far my biggest bass after ice out is 1 pound 3 ounces from Pickerel. Sad
ballpond85

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Tourny Reply with quote

We should hav it at Squantz Pond!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegill Terminator wrote:
Any size? So far my biggest bass after ice out is 1 pound 3 ounces from Pickerel. Sad

I haven't felt the need to weigh any of my catches from this year yet, although I'm sure I've beaten your 2010 "lunker" by a small margin several times. These posts with the 7 & 8 lb. monsters are making me feel pretty inadequate too, but luck and timing are huge factors. Being in the right place at the right time, going when the fish are hungry, offering them what they want, having the right equipment and approach...if you're like me, you're limited to public ponds and lakes that are overfished in the central CT area.

Can't sight fish too well since I can't stand in my boat and see the spawn spots. I usually fish alone so I can't learn by watching others unless I'm in a tournament. Watching the tourneys down south are unhelpful...different lakes, different climate, top-notch equipment, higher boats, pressure from sponsors, naturally bigger fish. It's too different, and I don't have the finances or resources they do.

My best fish bite when I go where the bigger boats cant (or won't.) I've even brought a machete to make myself a little hideout in a spot that took a lot of time, strength, and faith in my oars to reach. Deep in the pads, and sometimes I get out of the boat and fish from shore in a ridiculously cramped area that no moron would ever think to fish from (I prefer to stand.) Also, night fishing has been great for me once the water temps get higher and the water calmer. By July, wind is more important to me than temperature. Big bass feed at night...overnight, all night. Quiet approach....wake them up with a sonic bait, and they will strike at it just because they're pissed you woke them up. Get to remote areas, or go late at night at the overfished places. Do the opposite of everyone else if you want to learn something. Most of the big fish being caught have been in private ponds, or on/near beds. Neither is my "scene." MY lunkers will be caught on frogs in pads so thick that the bass won't lock their front doors.

I'm not opposed to fence-hopping or stealthy private pond fishing, but I need an accomplice. Anyone who can afford lakefront property probably works during the day or sleeps at night. We just need a drop off/getaway car. You in?

These are the fish I've caught so far this year. There's probably a few missing, but I think you'll see that the vast majority are in the same size range: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2040394&id=1175352787&l=92867c4c81

Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see anything on beds everywhere I go the water temp is between 63 and 67 and still just see little bass in the shallows and I mean like 6-10 inch bass. I had a great ice fishing season though. Next tuesday I think I'll get a good one. Going to Winchester haha. As for the private pond thing I've caught bass over 5 pounds in ponds that I've fished all my life for 19 years. Some ponds you got to put a whole summer in other ponds only takes a weekend to figure it out. Some private ponds it makes fishin easy but pulling out a trophy in a lake or pond that everyone fishes is much more rewarding then casting into a "fish bowl"
billybass

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as bass being on there beds the only place i saw them yet was at that lilly tourny,They were every 20 ft some had no fish on them and others did...
Bluegill does have a good point about those private pond its almost like you expect monsters in those holes,,,,but on a lakes everyone fishes its a much better reward....ive caught a good amount so far but nothing huge or worth pulling the camrea out yet for,,,,but the big boy is in the future

If You Fish It ,,,,,He will Come
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to Winchester? Make sure you have your tip ups! I hear that place has ice on it all year round.
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear ya...i wish that place would thaw out already...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: