CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tin can or car topper tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pointing dog it seems he only takes a check with you, What would he do without you Laughing
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, not feelin' the love P Dog. I believe you and Flippy are both mistaken..........LOL

Again, I'm not looking for an apology from anyone, and did not mean to offend anybody. I miss understood, I thought you were looking to do a low key bass tournament, out of smaller boats, not a bass fishing get together with no cash involved. I hope it works out for you guys and gals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with slimecoat on the picture thing....if money is involved there has to be a weigh in or Im not interested either. I would fish for fun and do a picture type thing if money wasnt involved though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what a tournament is clasified as?

If a bunch of us went to a place and met up and fished all day. Kept fish that all followed the laws of the lake(example-most lake regulations are 12" and 6 fish) in a livewell and had a weigh in after with no money involved is that legal with out pulling a permit? Does the weigh in mess it up?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it the over crowding of parking at a launch that would pervent others from fishing that day and also the mess,,,but im still in two taking the boat out and fishing the day out with some of ya,,,how many poeple have these small boats that troll........lets figure somthing out
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybass wrote:
It sounds like it the over crowding of parking at a launch that would pervent others from fishing that day and also the mess,,,but im still in two taking the boat out and fishing the day out with some of ya,,,how many poeple have these small boats that troll........lets figure somthing out

Well, me and metalfish will be at Black Pond in the rain/snow on Saturday; you're welcome to join us. I'm on the water 5x a week anyway, so I won't be hard to recruit if the drive isn't too horrible. Set something up that doesn't involve money at first, just to see if the interest is there. Parking shouldn't be an issue at most places...doubt many of us have a trailer.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopTech, you weigh in you should have a permit
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo. Where did this end up.

Is there going to be a tin can tourney?

I'd be interested. Cash or NO cash either way. Let me know. We can do $5.00 an angler to keep cost down.

Ron

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still interested too...billybass, did you read the novel I sent you?

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
billybass

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya lets do it ,,let give some input were and when,,,and if it s for fun,,because the lack of livewells is a issue,,,,,but im still intrested ,,lets here the ideas,,turtle i got your novel,,but i dont know if that stickin on shore thing will work,,,but good thought out plan,,,...everybody intrested give feedback,,,5 dollars a head is good but how to win it without live wells........just do one fish....Lunker and use a stringer...........this might just have to be a fun get together,,,and if you catch a monster just tool around and show the others and release........lets here it your thoughts
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.

What to do. I like the just for fun idea. $5.00 a head is fine. As for the live well.

The cooler with a air supply running of the battery works good. The unit doesn't cost that much and if this ends up being that much fun, we can do it many more time.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybass wrote:
Ya lets do it ,,let give some input were and when,,,and if it s for fun,,because the lack of livewells is a issue,,,,,but im still intrested ,,lets here the ideas,,turtle i got your novel,,but i dont know if that stickin on shore thing will work,,,but good thought out plan,,,...everybody intrested give feedback,,,5 dollars a head is good but how to win it without live wells........just do one fish....Lunker and use a stringer...........this might just have to be a fun get together,,,and if you catch a monster just tool around and show the others and release........lets here it your thoughts

My vote is for Black Pond in Meriden/Middlefield. 76 acres, internal combustion engines prohibited, nice flat launch, plenty of pads, parking not an issue. Places like Silver and Batterson are fine if everyone has a trolling motor, but the rowers and paddlers will be miserable if it turns out to be a windy day. My fishing partner ditched me last week because he quickly got tired of fighting the current from his canoe at Silver. At least you're guaranteed to be blown into some pads at Black Pond.

What about this...a revision of my last idea...

We can take turns being the pre-determined (at random) record keeper (RK) in equal intervals of time. RK will be in charge of a waterproof box containing: universal scale and/or measuring tape, some sealed orange folders with an index card-sized slit in the top, a calculator, pen, timer, and some index cards. The RK can fish anywhere they want during their shift, but they must remain in view of at least two other participants. If someone catches a fish, they must stringer/put it in a cooler and bring it to the RK as soon as possible. Dead fish = DQ.

If there are 6 of us, then make it a 6 hour event. If I'm given the 1st 1-hour "shift" as RK, then it's my responsibility to keep the box contents dry and be available as a witness for everyone else. Anyone who wants a fish recorded can approach my boat and request the scale. They will weigh, measure, and release their own fish. My job will be to record this mutually-agreed-upon info on an index card, sign it, and drop it into the angler's personal file. I'll also take a photo in case a dispute comes up later on.

The RK is not allowed to look into anyone's file, but they'll know what everyone caught during their own shift as RK. If I catch a fish as the RK, I will have to keep it alive until my shift is over. Fish are released as soon as they're recorded, so they won't have to stay in a cooler or on a stringer for more than an hour. When my shift is over, I will bring the sealed box to the next RK, reporting to them if I need to record a catch. The RK will change every hour.

At the end of the tournament, everyone heads back to the boat launch. The last RK is responsible for the documents, scale, measuring tape, calculator, etc. At the boat launch, everyone can announce the catches from their own folder. Best 5, total from the entire day, lunker bass, multispecies, whatever you want.

I can supply everything, but I think the scale should be borrowed from whoever has the best (digital) one among us. Yes, the honor system is somewhat involved, but I really don't see anyone cheating in something like this...especially if we all have phones with cameras. Photo the RK sneaking a peek into any folder, and they get an automatic DQ. The box will need to be visible and remain closed unless someone is there to record a catch.

Unless you've caught nothing or recorded a monster as RK, the results will be a surprise to everyone at the end.

Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im down, but black pond sucks.....moodus would be good.....
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sound good but thats a lot to do during every catch,,,Im kinda thinking ,,honor system...and a photo of you and the fish and scale,,,unless every body changes clothes this will work because the same clothes will be involved ..hat...shirt ..ect.....and it will just be a fun tourny,,to meet up and fish..im kinda leaning a little more north for the body of water..but dont care...
I dont need to be the ring leader of this...just want to choose a spot and meet up with everbody,,,,this really doesnt need to be to thought out,,,
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werd
On twenty-pound test "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: