CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Tin can or car topper tourny Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybass wrote:
That sound good but thats a lot to do during every catch,,,Im kinda thinking ,,honor system...and a photo of you and the fish and scale,,,unless every body changes clothes this will work because the same clothes will be involved ..hat...shirt ..ect.....and it will just be a fun tourny,,to meet up and fish..im kinda leaning a little more north for the body of water..but dont care...
I dont need to be the ring leader of this...just want to choose a spot and meet up with everbody,,,,this really doesnt need to be to thought out,,,

I like Moodus, but am voting against it because the size and 35mph speed limit are both in excess of what's required. I'm trying to be considerate of the people who will be rowing because I know how much it sucks (and how little fishing occurs) when you have to spend half your time fighting against the wind.

Some suggestions: Upper Bolton, Cedar, Horse, Holbrook

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moodus really isnt that big, ive paddled it, and it gives enough room for every one to not fish on top of each other.....
On twenty-pound test "
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tell me when and where. I will be there.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
billybass

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey maybe we can do the small cash amount and weigh in,,,,blue gill just sent me some info for airator at cabelas for 8.99 cant beat that 2 double ds it runs all day..And would be good for the future if this works out.....i think its a smart move
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billybass wrote:
Hey maybe we can do the small cash amount and weigh in,,,,blue gill just sent me some info for airator at cabelas for 8.99 cant beat that 2 double ds it runs all day..And would be good for the future if this works out.....i think its a smart move

I can't fit a cooler on my boat. Sad

Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwing some names of lakes and coves out there for the tourny Batterson, Wethersfield Cove, Millers, North Farms, Pataconk, Beseck, most are near the middle of CT.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluegill Terminator wrote:
Throwing some names of lakes and coves out there for the tourny Batterson, Wethersfield Cove, Millers, North Farms, Pataconk, Beseck, most are near the middle of CT.

Have you been to North Farms Res.? I've been wanting to try there and Cedar for a while. I've also wanted to see if Bolton Notch holds anything, but the lack of info on that place is frightening. I still think Black Pond is perfect for this sort of thing...and I'm saying that despite getting shut out on opening day.

Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously black pond is a horrible place it has one bass in it and you already caught him, hell see you coming.....north farms isnt a bad idea though but wed have to do it soon that place gets reeeeeeeeal thick with pads and weeds(which i love)
On twenty-pound test "
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't been to North Farms too lazy to drive there. Black pond could be good because then we can see who is the best at bass fishing when they catch that 1 bass. Laughing
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bolton notch..ummm no good..and creepy people hang there to boot...
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

north farms is loaded with hogs.....
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogs are nice but north farms is real small 62 acres,,,lets get on somthing with a least 100 acres....middle bolton doesnt get hammerd to bad,,,halls pond,,,the bolton notch is junk...i hear babcock pond is good
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one's had success at Upper Bolton? How about Holbrook?

I'm really just trying to be considerate of anyone who's rowing on a windy day...I don't care when or where but please pick a place that has <8mph speed limit & spots to temporarily dock a boat if the water gets rough or the sun is relentlessness. Last Saturday I needed to escape the sun at Lower Bolton & was very thankful for the shallow rocky area to the left of the beach. I spent 2 hours fishing in my waders. 8 hours is a long time to be rowing or sitting in the sun. Black Pond has a crapload of docking spots. There's also that cove area (that I've never even been down.) The mountain tends to keep the wind speeds calmer and provides shade.

If only 4 people show up then 100 acres seems excessive. Why not pick a date & time first, to get an idea of the expected turnout. Do you all have a trolling motor?

BS - I released that "1 bass" and believe me...you'd love to catch him and his friends. I bet he's bigger now too. Black Pond does not suck. If you can't catch bass there, then you're doing it wrong.

BT - I've been too lazy/poor to drive to North Farms too. Same with Cedar...I've been wanting to check that place out ever since last year. Passed it on my way to the Essex murder mystery train and damn!!!! Chester is far away.

JS & BB - Thanks for the feedback on Bolton Notch...I will avoid it.

Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just never tried for bass there, but did you catch any opening day there?
On twenty-pound test "
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Sniper wrote:
ive just never tried for bass there, but did you catch any opening day there?

No, I'm pretty sure they saw those 70 boats and knew something was up. I did get some strikes after everyone left, right before the 4 p.m. hailstorm.

I need to go back there soon...anyone free tonight?
Edit: I will be there tonight with my buddy who has a canoe...you're all welcome to join us. Probably going to try for channel cats and night bass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: